SASS Wire Forum

Tumbstone- I don't have a comment.

Warden Callaway

I can't decide between regurgitating or laughing hysterically

A muzzle brake on a 9 mm?

Either their model has never shot a lever before, or that action is seriously in need of work.

A double stack single feed with more than about 10 rounds will almost certainly require a loading device.

Add those problems to the fact that that is coyote ugly, and I can't see why anybody would buy one.

So it will probably sell 100,000 in the first 6 months.

It will be very popular with the younger crowd. The ammo is cheap. They can go fast with practice. I think the muzzle brake is a cheap add on for the cool factor and perhaps for the female crowd that wants zero recoil. It will be a fun plinker and a good home defense gun.

To each his own!

Actually, I have been wondering when someone would make a lever action 9mm. It’s kind of neat except for that mag hanging down. Too bad the mag is proprietary. A stubby little 10 round Glock 26 mag would be okay, I guess. 

I kind of like it…except for the mag. 

EDIT: The price pretty much makes it an expensive novelty. 

https://pof-usa.com/firearm/tombstone-9mm/

Somewhere I missed the question that this is supposed to answer.

Other than detachable magazines - does this "improve" on the basic lever action rifle that we are all familiar with?

Ugly as a brick.  But now Henry Big Boy owners can point to this and be proud of their rifle - so theres that.

That lever cycle looked AWKWARD - maybe the model has never fired a gun before; but dang...

I must of missed the introduction of plus, plus, +++, plusity, plus plus, ++, plus 9mm ammo that would require or benefit immensely from a muzzle brake (even a fancy double port one). 

Unless that was an excuse to introduce a suppressor ready barrel (but wouldn't you say that?).

Obviously not filmed in Tombstone and additionally, ya know what? 

In ALL of my visits to Tombstone; movie watches and historical research - I don't recall any events using rifles that have morphed into legend.

Might be a decently put together gun - but it aint western, it aint Tombstone and it aint cowboy.  

I'm thinking a video game tie in would have made more sense.

The Redemption, perhaps?

32 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

there is

I followed Pat's link:

9MM Magazines

$35.00

Phoenix and Tombstone 9MM Magazines

These Magazine features a single feed & double stack design and a curved body for natural round stack and reliable feeding

All Magazines include a polymer mag loader to make loading a breeze.

Available options:

• 10 Round
  • 20 Round
  • 35 Round

"HIGH CAPACITY" MAGAZINE ORDERS TO RESTRICTED STATES (CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, COLORADO, NEW YORK, MASSACHUSETTS, etc.)  WILL BE REJECTED.

Okay.........

Who's gonna be the first to be brave enough to ask PWB for a ruling on SASS use?

2 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Okay.........

Who's gonna be the first to be brave enough to ask PWB for a ruling on SASS use?

That thread would last for 2 posts.

Post #1/Thread title 

Would this be legal for SASS followed by the video trailer

Post #2/PWB

Hell no

Lock thread

I am totally underwhelmed.  While it will draw quite a bit of favor from the millennial crowd, unless gifted one, I don't see myself with that abomination. 

Mebbe it might have a chance if they re-named it the LR-15....  :unsure:

Naw.  Not even that will help.  -_-

Definitely not cowboy, but might be fun. Be nice to try it out, or see somebody shooting it for fun rather than for a commercial. I doubt if any of you end up with your trigger finger laying straight out along the frame after levering your 73. 
could be an option for home defense for people not comfortable with a handgun or in areas where semi auto rifles are hard to get. 
just cuz it is ugly doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. 

Might be better if they let someone that actually knew what they were doing with a lever action rifle shoot the thing…or maybe it is that herky jerky. 

I don’t mind seeing new ugly guns come on the market.  It means Capitalism and the 2nd Amendment are still operating.  People buying ugly guns is better than people not buying any guns at all, is it not?

No, I don’t want one.

:o

6 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I don’t mind seeing new ugly guns come on the market.  It means Capitalism and the 2nd Amendment are still operating.  People buying ugly guns is better than people not buying any guns at all, is it not?

No, I don’t want one.

:o

I don’t either. It needs a scope and maybe a bipod or something a little extra just to make it perfect. 

:rolleyes:

GEE, THANKS A LOT!

Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada will have another melt down followed by a temper tantrum and start banning lever guns next.

Thanks a lot!

I think it would be a fun gun especially in 9mm but At almost 2 grand I’ll pass thank you!

Archived