SASS Wire Forum

Tusco Long Riders - 1st match of 2023

Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,

Happy New Year!!

It is now 2023 and our first match of the year is fast approaching. We are scheduled to have our first match of 2023 this coming Saturday, January 7th. Registration starts at approximately 8:45am. Mandatory Safety Meeting at 10am. Please fill out a Range Release form for 2023 and bring it with you.

https://www.tuscolongriders.com/range-release

(We will have them at the range as well.)

Remember, Chuckwagon Pam has retired. Sarah Bosio has graciously offered to provide a limited lunch on Saturday to purchase. There will not be any breakfast available. We will have coffee and water available.

Cowboy dress is optional, dress to stay warm.

We are planning on setting up two stages and shooting them three times differently, scoring all 6 stages. No warm up stage.

Right now the weather is looking like mid 30's. If the weather takes a turn for the worse, please pay attention to your email, the website, Facebook and SASS Wire if we have to cancel. We would cancel by 8pm Friday night if we need to.

Here we go..

Thank you!

Buckaroo Bubba

6 hours ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

In the 30's is too COLD to shoot. :P:lol:

WHAT!!!  You going soft on us? 

12 hours ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

Only for intelligent people. The rest of us will be there shooting in the cold!  

16 hours ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

I agree!!

18 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

WHAT!!!  You going soft on us? 

Oh yeah, I got older and got used to the Florida warm weather.  I even get cold when it goes below 60.:ph34r::D

16 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

No he is just spoiled by that warm Florida sun.  He cannot shoot if it below 70 deg. his fingers get cold!  Whimp!:)

Hey Charlie, at least I can sit under the sun and drink my hard lemonade.  Care to join me?  I'll share it with you.  B);)

I'll be requiring breakfast Bubba. So if you could stop by a Bob Evans or a Waffle House that would be great. Any play with biscuits and gravy will work. Don't make me have to sick Angie on you !!! 

5 hours ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

Hey Charlie, at least I can sit under the sun and drink my hard lemonade.  Care to join me?  I'll share it with you.  B);)

I would,  but don't you know the sun is bad for my youthful complexion!   That is why I prefer cloud covered Ohio.  I also sunburn easily.  Also shoveling snow keep me in shape!  

8 hours ago, Hooligan Howes said:

I'll be requiring breakfast Bubba. So if you could stop by a Bob Evans or a Waffle House that would be great. Any play with biscuits and gravy will work.

Don't make me have to sick Angie on you !!! 

What could ever be worse?

Thank you to the 20 shooters who braved the chilly temps to join us today!

Congrats to Lucky 13 our Top Overall and Men's Shooter and to Angie Oakley our Top Ladies Shooter on the day!

Scores are up, check them out:

https://www.tuscolongriders.com/2023-scores

See you next month!

Buckaroo Bubba

Fun shoot today with the whole gang. Got up to a balmy 37°. Shot slow and couldn't hit a shotgun target to save my life but still a fun time. Thanks to the Tusco crew. 

Archived