SASS Wire Forum

The newest hustle

Rye Miles #13621

Have you seen these commercials about pots and pans, microwave bacon cooker, high powered flashlights etc etc? Now you’d better order now because they won’t be making them anymore due to supply chain issues! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE so you better hurry!!’:angry:
What a bunch of horse poop!!

Lifetime guarantee , although we won't have any cuz we're no makem anymore. 

Don't forget the fee for S&H

They remind me of a short story I read in high school!!

When you have a few minutes, look up “Filboid Studge, The story of the mouse that helped” by Saki!  It’s about a five minute read or you can listen to an audio version!

I will not order anything advertised on TV with this type of promotion (don't order anything off tv ad period!) or facebook. My wife ordered several things that were absolute junk!

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They remind me of a short story I read in high school!!

When you have a few minutes, look up “Filboid Studge, The story of the mouse that helped” by Saki!  It’s about a five minute read or you can listen to an audio version!

This?  https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rgs/sk-studge.html

47 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

YEP!!  That’s the one!! :lol:

55 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Dumb story

Only if you don’t get the humor and the brilliant illustration of human tendencies.

Not the latest TV craze, but have had a Bacon Wow for many years.  Family loves it,  Fast, easy and not hard to clean.  Similar to the one seen on TV.      GW

14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It is not a new hustle.

Yes it is on TV anyway. They’ve never said due to supply chain problems etc etc. we will not be manufacturing anymore of these widgets. I’ve never heard this before!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yes it is on TV anyway. They’ve never said due to supply chain problems etc etc. we will not be manufacturing anymore of these widgets. I’ve never heard this before!

I was thinking the same thing, but then I heard a commercial for a coin or maybe it was a figurine and the tout was using the line, "Order now, these will never be made again."

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was thinking the same thing, but then I heard a commercial for a coin or maybe it was a figurine and the tout was using the line, "Order now, these will never be made again."

I’ve heard that too, but that’s been around with coins for awhile. They’re always coming up with new coins. Collectors love it ! :lol:

I didn't see any Chia Pets for sale this Christmas season, kind of odd I thought. The Hess trucks were back, even though there is no Hess stations around anymore...at least not here> The Hess truck's here and it's better than ever...  Really? It's a plastic pos that any kid will destroy within a week.

The gimmicks that sold the junk back when, are still used today. Hurry, call now before supplies are gone!!!

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I didn't see any Chia Pets for sale this Christmas season, kind of odd I thought. The Hess trucks were back, even though there is no Hess stations around anymore...at least not here> The Hess truck's here and it's better than ever...  Really? It's a plastic pos that any kid will destroy within a week.

The gimmicks that sold the junk back when, are still used today. Hurry, call now before supplies are gone!!!

I seen several Chia pet commercials, I’ve seen them in a few stores as well. 
The difference now is they’re using the “supply chain “ excuse. We can’t get any supplies to make these anymore!:P

Just take as prescribed and you'll have the memory of a jellyfish for just $2.00 a day! Not available in stores, you can only get this through this direct tv offer, time is limited so act now. Operators standing by.

Claims listed above have not be reviewed or approved by the FDA

The newest hype...usually in womens fashions on FB is MADE IN CHARLOTTE,NC...

They are pushing the made in America.

BUT...

Research and you see the items are NOT made anywhere in the USA. The pages are being run out of country.

Unfortunately folks get scammed.

I fell for it on boots one time. Got $40 of the $60 back...but paid $20 for $10 boots.

Hmmm and ugh!

Archived