SASS Wire Forum

Apple iPhone problem

Trigger Mike

I’ve had an apple computer and ID for years then bought my wife an iPhone and set up her phone with my existing Apple ID , all seemed well. 

then this year they bought an iPhone and used the same ID and photos kept going to her phone.  

then my son got a free one so I added him to my ID and everything went haywire from there.

now my text go to my wife as if I’m her.  We tried to set up my son with a different email but it adopted my password .  I get text from my wife’s friends as if I’m her.  All of our contacts merged onto all 3 phones.

I can do a factory reset for my son but what do I do to fix my wife and I?

Slim nailed it…Yes….have them make own apple IDs, make a backup of each phone, likely require phones to be factory reset then log in with new IDs. And hopefully can load from back ups.  Much easier this way.

I’ll try it with my sons first then go from there.  The nearest Apple Store is 2 hours away.  

it’s about time for my wife to get a new phone anyway I might be better off getting her a new one with a fresh ID and then send her contacts etc over.

We have two apple phones and an iPad, all on the same apple ID, but each having a different phone number on the SIM card. 

Texts and messages go where they should, synchronizing them is trivial and each has it's own profile for saved images.

We share contacts so no biggie.  We do not use Apple's storage in the sky though, everything is stored on the PC.

Can't understand how you configured those to do that though, I'd also suggest you see an Apple store tech guy.

SC

On my Verizon account we have myself, my wife and my mom and dad all with iPhones and all with their own Apple ID. I would think it would get messy with more than 1 person using a ID . Especially if someone gets a pad or watch and wants to sync it 

Well, when I think about what it cost me to buy a 24-48 Mp camera, a GPS navigation tool for my car and

another for me when I hike, and a PC with internet linkage, and a video telephone like Dick Tracy had,

and a portable boom box and several thousand CD's, and radio that gets local weather and maritime reports, and

a video camera for recording movies, and a movie player for watching movies I've taken, and a library of several

thousand books in my back pocket, and a pocket full of maps of every city on the planet, not to mention road

maps of every country, I too feel that I'm being taken advantage of.  One day this sheep will revolt . . . .

well, maybe not - I actually utilize all those tools and think they're worth what I paid - YMMV.

Archived