SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Open Magnificent Seven

Captain Bill Burt

The cutoff for adding categories is rapidly approaching. 

If I could get a few more 'seasoned' shooters I could add Cattle Baron as a category.  We still need more Classic Cowboys, Lady Duelists and another Junior Girl.  It's only $20!  

If everyone who has indicated they're going to join actually registers I should be able to add several more buckles, but I don't plan on having buckles for categories with only one contestant.  If I don't get anymore people in the previously mentioned categories I'll use the extra funds to purchase more prizes and offer those people the option of shooting in a different category or getting their $20 back.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, The Outlaw Travis James said:

This is going to be fun! 

On 2/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I hope so!! I’m looking forward to it!

To be honest, I'm slow so this whole thing makes no difference to me whatsoever. I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything.  Ever. I don't mind. I'm just signed up to support all y'all. Somebody has to finish last so it might as well be me. :)

On 2/12/2023 at 7:38 PM, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Capt Bill

My check is heading your way tomorrow.

Cass

Got it

On 2/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

To be honest, I'm slow so this whole thing makes no difference to me whatsoever. I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything.  Ever. I don't mind. I'm just signed up to support all y'all. Somebody has to finish last so it might as well be me. :)

Your support is certainly appreciated!!

We have about three weeks left until Florida State kicks off and applications for the Magnificent Seven are closed.  We're still hoping for a few more Classic Cowboys, Lady Duelists and another Junior Girl.  

On 2/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

There is the clean match pin. I think you have a chance for this.

On 2/12/2023 at 11:06 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

The cutoff for adding categories is rapidly approaching. 

If I could get a few more 'seasoned' shooters I could add Cattle Baron as a category.  We still need more Classic Cowboys, Lady Duelists and another Junior Girl.  It's only $20!  

If everyone who has indicated they're going to join actually registers I should be able to add several more buckles, but I don't plan on having buckles for categories with only one contestant.  If I don't get anymore people in the previously mentioned categories I'll use the extra funds to purchase more prizes and offer those people the option of shooting in a different category or getting their $20 back.

We need some very slow Cattle Barons to sign up. And, I hope Purly doesn't see this. If I can just get my average down by 4 seconds/stage, I might have a chance at putting it on him.

Just now, Max Payne said:

We need some very slow Cattle Barons to sign up. And, I hope Purly doesn't see this. If I can just get my average down by 4 seconds/stage, I might have a chance at putting it on him.

Purly can shoot if he'll shoot his '97. (and, left-handed).

• 2 weeks later...

One week to go until Ides of March and registration for the Magnificent Seven is closed. 

Here are our current categories, with 60 registered competitors:

1. Top Man

2. Top Lady

3. Cowboy 

4. Cowgirl 

5. Gunfighter 

6. Outlaw 

7. Frontier Cartridge

8. Duelist 

9. Silver Senior

10. Cattle Baron

11. Lady Gunfighter

12. Junior Boy/Girl

13. Lady Silver Senior

The following categories aren't going to happen unless we get several signups. If you're one of these three people you'll be given the option of a refund, or being included in a different category.  I'm thinking LFC get's rolled into the age appropriate category (Cowgirl most likely).  I'm not sure about Lady Duelist.  Classic Cowboy might be rolled into Duelist, not sure.

Lady Frontier Cartridge 1

Lady Duelist 1

Classic Cowboy 1 

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm thinking LFC get's rolled into the age appropriate category (Cowgirl most likely).  I'm not sure about Lady Duelist.  Classic Cowboy might be rolled into Duelist, not sure.

I don't have a horse in any of those races, but I would think duelists shoot with duelists.  Likewise, FC shoots with FC.  The fact that one or more of those shooters are ladies seems less relevant than the chosen shooting style.

Just my 2¢

We're only going to make 3 of the eligible matches (b/c y'all insist on shooting through Tax Season) but if you don't get another Cattle Baron, sign Petey up & find me at one of the matches & I'll have $20 cash money in my pocket just for you.

16 hours ago, MizPete said:

We're only going to make 3 of the eligible matches (b/c y'all insist on shooting through Tax Season) but if you don't get another Cattle Baron, sign Petey up & find me at one of the matches & I'll have $20 cash money in my pocket just for you.

Alright!  I'll put Pete down for Cattle Baron.  Three matches is all it takes!  Thanks!

Hey, Purly! Don't forget to bring your '97!! I'll be happy to clean it for you right before the match. You know, so it'll run really great.

Only two more days until registration closes!  We're up to 58 shooters, which is better than I had expected.  I want to think our sponsors again.  Due to their generosity it looks like we'll actually go two deep and offer badges to our 2nd place finishers. 

The deadline is the beginning of the Florida State main match this Friday.  Ophelia Payne will be there and will be accepting applications for me. 

It occurred to me that if someone wanted to register who did NOT shoot Florida State it might be fair to allow that up until the first match they do want to count towards the contest.  In other words no counting matches that occurred prior to registering.

Thoughts on that???

On 1/1/2023 at 10:03 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

The Southeast Open Magnificent Seven

7 Matches, 79 Days, 

Sponsored by Ides of March, The Bushwhack, Shootout in the Hills, Shootout at Cavern Cove, Stampede at South River, Smokin Guns at Rabbit Ridge, The Regulator's Reckoning, Kitty's Kloset, Buffalo's Wild West, Klassic Laser Works and the lovely - Bullets by Scarlett!

Kick off Florida Ides of March 16-19th 

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/357/the-ides-of-march/?fbclid=IwAR1cEjAQgLsW5m9w8DYeDCdX87xHTUSu1vYQBHjyBq0aGd76dZVa3e9Z_iA

South Carolina The Bushwhack April 6-8th.

https://sites.google.com/site/scstatematch/

Kentucky Shootout in the Hills April 27-29th

https://ponderosa-pines.com/ky-state-championship

Alabama Shootout at Cavern Cove May 4-6th.

https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/copy-of-ambush-southeast-regional

Georgia Stampede at South River May 18th - 20th.

http://www.srscowboy.com/events.html

Mississippi Smokin Guns at Rabbit Ridge May 26th-28th

https://mississippiriverrangers.org/shooting-events

Final Match The Reckoning in Tennessee June 1-3rd.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

1. Rank Points for best three matches.  We will use overall rank points for Mag 7 participants.  We will not rank within a match by category or include non Mag 7 participants in ranking.  Lowest total overall rank points for each Mag 7 category is the winner.

2. Automatically drop highest points for any matches attended beyond three, more matches attended equates to a better chance of winning a buckle

3. To be eligible for awards based on shooting style/propellent all matches must be shot in the same category.

4. Kickoff is Florida State, Awards at Tennessee State, prizes at every match.

5. Entry fee $20

6. Any remaining funds after the cost of awards will be used to purchase prizes from sponsoring vendors. 

7. Each state match shot earns one prize entry so more matches attended increases the chance of a prize.

Awards are first place only!

Top Shooter, Top Lady, Gunfighter, Duelist, Silver Senior, Ladies Silver Senior, Frontier Cartridge, Male and Female Young Guns (peewee buckles).

Depending upon interest we'll add additional 1st place buckles.

Clean match pins (clean for all three qualifying matches)

Magnificent 7 participant pin

I Shot All Seven pin

If you would like to shoot a category that isn't listed, please write it in on the app.  If I get enough interest in a category to cover a buckle we'll add it (approximately 5 entries).  For those already registered, I know pretty much all of you personally, so if a category opens up that I think you might be interested in changing to I'll contact you.  

Magnificent Seven (3).pdf 181.72 kB · 42 downloads

This is a really cool idea! We need something like this in the northwest 

Florida results are in!  https://actionshootingnetwork.com/PF.Site/Apps/phpfoxer_file_loader/files/691/Lake+County+Pistoleros+18-03-2023_1679193927.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1_iG2R9F4-A4y0lX3N6xcmOBmlNJyTTquzu7bAtg-j_QgEpLMRuX5VWkw

Here are the Magnificent 7 rankings:

Santa Fe River Stan (Cowboy) 1

Arcadia Outlaw (Cowboy) 2

Midwest Hale (Cowgirl) 3

Bogus Jim (Cowboy) 4

Big Country (Cowboy) 5

Bo Dacious (Outlaw) 6

The Outlaw Travis James (Cowboy) 7

Shelleen (Cowboy) 8

Max Payne (Cattle Baron) 9

Badlands Bob (Gunfighter) 10

Runs with Scissors (Silver Senior) 11