SASS Wire Forum

Hoodie recommendations?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Looking for a medium weight jacket or hoodie or tactical hoodie...

Whatever they call em....

Any favorites? There seems to be a hundred of em.

I like the idea of vents at the arms but never had any.

Does that work or just a gimmick??

Do the ones with lotsa pockets get weird if stuff is put in all of them?

Best

CR

By “Hoodie” do you mean hooded sweat jacket? If so, I bought a zipper front Polo hooded sweat jacket at Walmart for $30 that I like very much. 

Hmmm, it’s on sale for $24 now. 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/U-S-Polo-Assn-Men-s-Fleece-Full-Zip-Fleece-Hoodie/851273621

They aren’t China sized either. XL is XL not medium. 

I have a couple, the best being made with "Polar Fleece" and pockets in front to place your hands in when it's cold and windy.

Nice and warm, especially when you pull the hood up.

Bullet resistant might be an option worth looking into, considering the progression of 2020, 2021, it might be a trend for 2023.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Hoodies cause crime.   Look at police drawings and security camera images for the past decade.  At least 75% show the suspect in a hoodie.

We need common sense hoodie laws!

I know thats a joke But California might take you serious .  and well the hoodie and crime only happens when your pants are not covering you butt 

Just now, PowerRiverCowboy said:

I know thats a joke But California might take you serious .  and well the hoodie and crime only happens when your pants are not covering you butt 

BLM= belt loops matter :ph34r:

Pairs nicely with sunglasses.

20230101_124753.jpg

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Hoodies cause crime.   Look at police drawings and security camera images for the past decade.  At least 75% show the suspect in a hoodie.

A few years ago we were driving down the street and saw a young man wearing one, and my brother angrily exclaimed that he should be arrested. That the only people that wore those were criminals trying to hide their identity.

Wow.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

By “Hoodie” do you mean hooded sweat jacket?

The first recommendation I thought of was to recommend that you quit using baby talk, and call a hooded sweatshirt a hooded sweatshirt.

Hoodie :rolleyes:

Howdy,

Fella down the street melted some wheel weights and poured into 

iron skillet. Made me half dozen 25 lb weights for lifting and training.

Wonder what those would bring today.....??

'hoodie' is what the vendors call em, so that is what I call em.

Let me ask if you have a penny?

Do you have now or ever have had a penny?

Best

CR

5 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Let me ask if you have a penny?

Do you have now or ever have had a penny?

Best

Nope. I used to have a pound, but it disappeared somewhere. I never have had a penny.

Lots of cents, but no pennies.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And of course an outright ban on the evil black “tactical” hoodie with cosmetically intimidating drawstrings and high capacity pockets!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

If you use Amazon, bought an Amazon basics hoodie from then and no complaints.  Good quality so bought more Amazon Basics.  Kids like and save time and money, don’t have to go to mall with them.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Walmart iirc. <$30

473B18F8-FA52-4146-8BB9-B167A44B704E.jpeg

4F90AD4C-1ED0-4F5E-A694-A575FD3F1108.jpeg

I have one similar to this. Not much money but pretty decent warmth and wind protection factor.  Bought mine at Tractor Supply. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A jacket with a hood or a flannel, especially a lined flannel, shirt with a hood is a completely different critter in my mind.  

Yeah. I have a blanket lined Carhart ranch coat with a detachable hood.

Howdy,

The pockets and stuff are interesting and different.

And having a hood right there in case the weather changes

just seems like a good idea.

I do have jackets. NORTHERN Illinois.  minus 50 or so wind chill last week.

Best

CR

I have come to hate hoodies...basically because of kids that think they are cool with the hoods up...no matter what they are doing or where they are at. I have almost been hit several times by drivers wearing hoodies with the hoods up while they are driving...IN THE SUMMER. They don't realize or care that they lose a lot of periferl vision. When I was still working...I had one of the new wave "truck drivers" pull right out in front of me...he was crossing the road from one truck stop to another...because he couldn't see to the sides with the hood up

On 1/1/2023 at 12:52 PM, Alpo said:

A few years ago we were driving down the street and saw a young man wearing one, and my brother angrily exclaimed that he should be arrested. That the only people that wore those were criminals trying to hide their identity.

Wow.

Fetterman wears one. Constantly.

Hmmmmm

20 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I just wanted to know if any pards  had a fav.

I didnt have a clue It was such a social statement.

Best

CR

I have had several over the years , mostly cheap ones. Best one by far is the one my step-daughter got me for Christmas last year. It is a Carhart , with a kind of wooly looking fleece on the inside , The regular two pockets . and an inside breast pocket. Not cheap.

Rex :D

Archived