SASS Wire Forum

Georgia- Ohio State

Utah Bob #35998

WIDE LEFT AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT. 42-41 DAWGS.

Oh well. :(

Ohio State played a heck of a game and I am surprised at their loss and I’m really surprised I sat through this entire game, but as Ric Flair said, “to be the man, you gotta beat the man.” And as my daddy always says, “It’s all over but the crying’.”

If Harrison wasn’t put in what I assume to be concussion protocol, I think this game would have turned out quite different.

I’ve never been an OSU fan. Maybe because they empathize the ‘the’ Ohio State University, or maybe because they mistakenly think they’re on par with THE University of Alabama. 

In any case, this was a game where I liked the winning team and disliked the losing team, classic win win situation.

Both games were definitely entertaining.

I was an OSU fan years ago, but they disappointed me so many times that I moved on to the ‘Bama Bandwagon. Actually, I was a Bear Bryant fan first and foremost.

I really liked TCU’s style and attitude, yesterday! Seeing them put Harbaugh and the cocky Wolverines on the bus back home was the highlight of the day!!

I’m for any SEC team but Tennessee.  Howsomever, I wouldn’t be TOO disappointed if them horney toads won it all!! Ya’know! Underdogs and all that…

Never been a Ohio State fan, guess it's because of Woody Hayes, didn't like him at all. Georgia was really lucky to win the game. The Championship game is going to be a high scoring, barn burner. 

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I really liked TCU’s style and attitude, yesterday! Seeing them put Harbaugh and the cocky Wolverines on the bus back home was the highlight of the day!!

Part of me almost wanted Michigan to win so Kirby and UGA could get a hold of them.

Is that bad of me?:D

UGA-OSU was just an hour long bar brawl.  Ohio State just got in the last swing- and missed.

No love for Ohio State since the 1977 game.

With under 90 seconds left in regulation, the Sooners fought back and scored a touchdown—but the conversion failed. Down 28-26, the Sooners attempted a squib kick on the ensuing kickoff. A deflection led to the Sooners getting the ball back—and a chance to win the game was now presented. Four plays later, the Sooners were in field goal range for von Schamann. With three seconds left, von Schamann delivered a 41-yard field goal that lifted the Sooners to a 29-28 victory in Columbus.

TCU isn’t one of those huge, highly funded schools.  They’re a perennial underdog!!

They gave a graphic comparison of TCU and Michigan yesterday and it was polar opposites!

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

TCU isn’t one of those huge, highly funded schools.  They’re a perennial underdog!!

They gave a graphic comparison of TCU and Michigan yesterday and it was polar opposites!

TCU just proved who belonged in the show- and who didn't.

Personally,  I'm tired of seeing 'perennial powers' getting the nod- just to be blown out in the semifinals (cough, cough...Notre Dame..... cough, cough).

It happens every preseason with the first Top 25 poll.  How many 'traditional powers' are top 10 in the first poll and not even in the Top 25 a month later?

I'm an OSU fan, and a U of M fan, so long as they aren't playing OSU. I certainly didn't expect the games to turn out the way they did, though. I thought TCU-Michigan would be a close one, and Georgia-OSU would be a blowout.

No problems with Georgia, but sorry, I have to root for a team that has a Horned Frog for a mascot. So, go TCU!

7 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I’ve never been an OSU fan. Maybe because they empathize the ‘the’ Ohio State University, or maybe because they mistakenly think they’re on par with THE University of Alabama. 

In any case, this was a game where I liked the winning team and disliked the losing team, classic win win situation.

AMEN bro. BB

Go Dawgs.

..........Widder

8 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

TCU has the best looking cheerleaders in college football.

Then maybe LSU.

So there is that to consider. 

Penn St has some mighty fine cuties also.  

..........Widder

On 1/1/2023 at 12:01 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

You have to admire what TCU has accomplished and the pluck of their QB.

To quote Delmat O'Donnel ...."We thought you was turned into a toad". GO FROGS!

How ‘bout Tulane taking out USC!!!  THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!!

Gotta’ LOVE it!!

Curious... anyone watch the Rose Bowl?  :huh:

I haven't seen it since ESNP laid claim to it a dozen years ago or so.  :mellow:

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I haven't seen it since ESNP laid claim to it a dozen years ago or so.  :mellow:

Utah’s Quarterback went down in the third quarter and State Penn won it, I think 35-21.

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

No.

Pen State was playing and I still ain't forgiven them for letting Paterno cover up what happened to them little boys.

6 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Penn State won as noted above.

I think they were the only Big 10 team that won their bowl game.   So much for all those power house teams...... :lol:

..........Widder

Odd how nobody's been complaining about OSU and Michigan making the playoffs.<_<

You know, like they complained about Alabama and LSU or UGA making the show.:rolleyes:

With Texas and OU (one of the few playoff regulars-along with Clemson- that has shown that they can beat top tier SEC teams consistently) coming into the SEC shortly, something must be done!

Hence, the expansion of the playoffs- and limiting it to conference champions.

After all, it's  much more fair to include New Mexico State in a National Championship Playoff than it is to face an undefeated SEC champ AND a 1 loss SEC school, too.  Never mind that they both played a top 10 toughest schedule that came down to a conference championship game, we must be inclusive and give Troy and Coastal Carolina a seat at the table instead of having the best teams in the country play do decide who is the best.

Archived