SASS Wire Forum

And another medical question

Alpo

He has been shot. Birdshot, but he has been shot. He is taking aspirin for the pain.

But he has actual holes in his arm, from which blood issues. Aspirin is a blood thinner, and should therefore make him bleed more, or at least easier.

Would aspirin be a good or a bad choice for a painkiller for a gunshot wound?

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

He has been shot. Birdshot, but he has been shot. He is taking aspirin for the pain.

But he has actual holes in his arm, from which blood issues. Aspirin is a blood thinner, and should therefore make him bleed more, or at least easier.

Would aspirin be a good or a bad choice for a painkiller for a gunshot wound?

Bad choice, very bad choice. Aspirin is an antiplatelet and as such will make bleeding hard to stop.

I’ve been shot with birdshot before, 7 1/2 and the next day it didn’t even feel like I’d been shot. The most painful  part of the whole deal was when the veterinarian that I was hunting with dug the birdshot out with tweezers and forceps and washed the holes out with alcohol. My practice wife wasn’t impressed when I got home.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

With birdshot I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Wouldn't worry about the amount of blood you would be losing through birdshot holes?

Or wouldn't worry about the pain from such a puny little wee-pon?

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Wouldn't worry about the amount of blood you would be losing through birdshot holes?

Or wouldn't worry about the pain from such a puny little wee-pon?

Oh I always worry about pain. I practically faint if I get snapped with a rubber band.

A real gunshot wound, as opposed to a few pellets, isn't going to be amenable to aspirin anyway. If you have one of those inflicted, get treatment for the wound and worry about analgesia afterwards. And anyway, the analgesia for a wound is narcotics.

I've been shot! I need an aspirin! Don't think so.....

When I was about 11 years old, a friend and I hiked back thru woods behind the house in Summerhill N.C. Looking for snakes. There was a family that lived deep in the woods and was a pig farmer. We started harassing the pigs by throwing sticks at them.  Before we knew it, the man that lived there showed up with a shotgun and began shooting at us.

i had a hard time explaining to my mother at the hospital, just how I ended up with rock salt in my butt.  Not sure I’ve ever cried so hard for so long.

Never harassed another animal since then.

Archived