SASS Wire Forum

Indoor CAS in Niles, Ohio! Thursday December 29, 2022. Thank you.

Slow Mo Dern

Indoor CAS in Niles, Ohio!  Thursday December 29, 2022

Howdy!

Thank you for coming to Niles, Ohio to join the Lake Park Raiders in the last indoor CAS match of 2022!  Another good time was had by all!

Hard-working, fast-shootin’ Sixgun Seamus was our big winner Thursday!  He was wearing his lucky good-lookin’ Old West cowboy hat!  Congratulations, Sixgun Seamus!

Runners up were Lenny James and Goose.  Congratulations to all our winners and contestants!  

There were no clean shootists, but the Brunswick Kid came as close as humanly possible!  AwwSh**t!  It must have been those linear challenged shotgun shells!

Thanks to all for helping with all the various indoor range chores and making this match a success and more fun than a barrel of excited monkeys!  

Our next indoor CAS match will be January 14, 2023. We hope to see you there for the first indoor match of the new year.

Happy New Year!

Slow Mo Dern and the Lake Park Raiders
     Thank you for your support

It's a Tom Mix Stetson that I bought back in 1981. It only gets out a couple times a year. 

1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

Always wanted one of those.  Photo?  Haven't quite got up the nerve.

I bought it way back when. We were at the National Order of the Arrow Conference in Austin. Everyone in our group had to buy a cowboy hat. A decent hat cost $20-$30 back then. Everyone though I was nuts when I paid $80 for a hat. That hat is probably the only one of that group that still exists. It sweat stained and covered in cartridge tracks plus other unidentified stains. I took it to a good cowboy hat shop several years ago to get it stretched just a tad. Fella asked me if I wanted it cleaned. I told him absolutely not, it took me 30 years to get it looking that good. It originally had a pinch crease. The guy said that it wasn't a Tom Mix block. He said Mix wore a Gus crease. I wasn't about to argue with him and told him to reblock it. He did it with his fingers. Made it a little crooked and a little uneven. I love the job he did. I went home and did a little research because I bought it with the pinch crease. Seems Mix wore the pinch early in his career and switched to a Gus. There are pictures of him with both styles. 

Sorry Mo for hijacking the thread. 

Archived