SASS Wire Forum

I’m Done with Fox “News” Online

It’s now no different than the tabloids and celebrity rags at the supermarket checkout. Scanning the main headlines today (or any other day), they’ve got middle age celebrities “rocking” bikinis, Twitter is “erupting” over something, social media is “roasting” someone, critics are going “scorched earth” on some person or topic, and worst of all, Kate Hudson thinks another celebrity should be cancelled for an onscreen smooch. OMG!!!

I need a shower. 

Huntley and Brinkley are worn out, spinning in their graves.  Bill Buckley is either weeping or getting drunk.  Cronkite wishes he were on the moon.

Maybe being forced to think for ourselves isn’t all bad.  Just frustrating, because whatcha gonna do?

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It’s now no different than the tabloids and celebrity rags at the supermarket checkout. Scanning the main headlines today (or any other day), they’ve got middle age celebrities “rocking” bikinis, Twitter is “erupting” over something, social media is “roasting” someone, critics are going “scorched earth” on some person or topic, and worst of all, Kate Hudson thinks another celebrity should be cancelled for an onscreen smooch. OMG!!!

I need a shower. 

..... sounds to me like you need a hot, soaky bath , lye soap , and a good, stiff scrubbing brush ..........  :blush:

I think they only have reporters in two places now.  Hollywood and Washington D.C.  All they do is report on what some idiot said about another idiot.  The local news is just a quiz show asking who the kid is in the blurry photo.

I watch Fox News on TV, I think they cover the news just fine! They cover stories that the MSM doesn't touch like the Border Crisis for one. I never watched Fox Nation and I don't like those streaming apps bull$%#@. Brett Baier does a nice job. That's MHO.

All of the online news just plain sucks. Nothing but propaganda one way or the other. My main gripe with on-line Fox News is the constant mis-direct. Example, Watch Mickey Mouse light fireworks, click on it, video has nothing to do with the title and goes to something else.

Face it, all mainline news is designed to direct the viewer to favor the political views of the financial backers of the particular network. There really isn't any non-biased news anymore, just propaganda.

I blame the British!

Them and their tabloid news methods have spread worldwide. 

Then we have the dumbing down of America in play as well. 

25 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I blame the British!

Actually some of the news we get from BBC is more accurate than CNN and the lib channels!

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Actually some of the news we get from BBC is more accurate than CNN and the lib channels!

I was referring to the British tabloids. The National Enquirer based their antics off the Brits. The NE used to be outrageous. Now you never hear comments regarding them in the media. Other agencies can’t criticize what they have become, only in a political way. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I blame the British!

UP THE REBELS!!!!

30 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Has the National Enquirer disappeared or just re appeared in the form of Fox?

I just saw a copy yesterday at the checkout counter at the grocery store!

8 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   Online formats want to appeal to the audience which sees ONLINE as their infallible source.  That audience is certainly not cerebral in any way, and the sensationalism appeals to them.:blink:

My morning online news habit is the BBC, the New York Times, and Al Jazeera (English).  They cover the spectrum in a fairly straight forward fashion.

Fox News is read occasionally, but with an acknowledgement of their bias and not without fact checking from other sources. 

Archived