SASS Wire Forum

SOLD

SOLD

WTS: .45 Cowboy Special 1866/73 Carrier

Cowboy .45 Special Carrier by The Smith Shop from Bill English

This carrier allows the use of Cowboy .45 Special (or Russian, or .45 ACP as well as .45 Blank) ammo in appropriately chambered rifles. The Cowboy Carrier includes an innovative pivoting, action cartridge stop that is so slick in action, you won't know it is there. This is the version for the Uberti 1866 and 1873 rifles.

Needs a bit of brass polishing but all is functional.

$80.00 for the carrier, shipped

Please PM me here for more info

See photo below

Cash, Zelle, or discreet PayPal Friends and Family

No trade offers please

14 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Is the carrier the only part needed? Does it need fitting or timed, or do you just swap them out? 

In the three different 1873's that I had (all with a previous short stroke and lightened carrier) it just dropped in and worked.

Won't guarantee it'll be the same in yours, though. Maybe ask out on the wire.

• Guest changed the title to WTS: .45 Cowboy Special 1866-1873 Smith Shop Brass Carrier
2 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Is the carrier the only part needed? Does it need fitting or timed, or do you just swap them out? 

Carrier is a straight swap, but you do need to remove 0.020" from  the left side of the bolt face. This is to assist the bolt passing by the spring loaded pivot stop.

2 hours ago, Boolit Boomer said:

Carrier is a straight swap, but you do need to remove 0.020" from  the left side of the bolt face. This is to assist the bolt passing by the spring loaded pivot stop.

Interesting, never had to do that on any of my Uberti rifles.

• Guest changed the title to SOLD

Archived