SASS Wire Forum

Old Tucson Studios- reopened?

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

Any word on if/when they are reopening?  Or did it slide into the sunset. Just started watching El Dorado and seeing the scenery and those beautiful mountains and thought I would ask. Thanks in advance. 

48 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Any word on if/when they are reopening?  Or did it slide into the sunset. Just started watching El Dorado and seeing the scenery and those beautiful mountains and thought I would ask. Thanks in advance. 

Make sure any visit in the Spring, Fall, or Winter. Tucson isn't so fun in the summer. March is nice and the cacti will be in bloom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:50 PM, Cholla said:

Make sure any visit in the Spring, Fall, or Winter. Tucson isn't so fun in the summer. March is nice and the cacti will be in bloom.

I was there in March of 2010.  It was perfect.  Tombstone was nice, too.

I visited Old Tucson twice while on the way to WR and both times was in cowboy clothes, went healed and got in free showing my SASS ID.  Was great, got a lot of questions as if I was working there as well as request for photographs.

5 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I visited Old Tucson twice while on the way to WR and both times was in cowboy clothes, went healed and got in free showing my SASS ID.  Was great, got a lot of questions as if I was working there as well as request for photographs.

Wow good to know. Thanks again

One of my fondest memories was being 12 or 13 at Old Tucson and a Saloon Girl called me on stage for a gunfight. She handed me the gun and said, "Fire on the count of three." When I fired, a banner unfurled that said "Bang" and totally caught me by surprise. I was under the impression that it was loaded with blanks and I probably looked completely shocked; the entire audience burst into laughter. 

On 1/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I can see it all now.

"Hey, mister! Are you one o' them . . . Classic Cowboys?" :lol:

We talked to the folks who run it yesterday, it's open and they were excited to be back and running.

Ol'  #4

On 1/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Great story Scout

I remember one Saturday night in Tombstone; you and I were at opposite ends of a table of about 15 Texans.  We came in full costume after shooting at the livery. 

We got a lot of stares from the tourists.  Finally, one lady from another table walked over and asked me if we were “part of the show?”.   I simply answered, “No ma’am, we use real bullets.”    Her eyes got big and she just slipped back to her own table.  The expression on her face made it all worthwhile .

Archived