SASS Wire Forum

Lost another good Cowboy!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that Charlie Bowdre (Preston Sweeney) headed to the last Round-Up this morning. Charlie brought Cowboy Action Shooting to Tennessee and founded The Wartrace Regulators, Tennessee's first SASS Club. He got quite a few of us started in this sport and helped guide us to where we are. It's been a few years since Charlie was able to compete due to health issues and I'm sure he is in a better place now. 

No arrangements have been made yet.  Note: link to Obituary,     

https://www.woodfinchapel.com/obituary/marshall-sweeney

Randy  

Charlie Bowdre.JPG

Sorry to hear.  Remember him from shooting at Rabbit Ridge couple decades ago.  Very nice gentleman.

May God comfort family and friends.

RIP Charlie Bowdre, he was a driving force in SASS and our area. He will be missed by all.

Charlie Bowdre was a friend and mentor to me.  He was a benefactor to the Wartrace club where he was the founder, leader, Territorial Governor, and driving force behind what has become a model for SASS ranges and events.  He had imagination!!

On a personal level, he mentored me and others. He chose me as one of those he traveled to big events with!  He opened doors for me when I decided to become a vendor in SASS and encouraged me to get out and go!  He even bought, wore, and recommended my products.

Bottom line! He was my friend!

My sincerest condolences to Sassy Laura and the rest of the family.  Me ‘n’ Schoolmarm are going to miss him!!

Charlie was one of my best friends We got into SASS about the same time many years ago.         Sincerest condolences to Sassy Laure and family. RIP Charlie you will be missed by all.

Charlie was the one of the first to welcome me to the Wartrace Regulators beautiful range.  His smile in the picture is the smile I remember seeing every time our paths crossed at the club over the years.  RIP sweet Charlie.  Thoughts and prayers for the family.

So sorry to hear this.

He was a great friend and great cowboy. A lot of good was brought to this world because him. He will be sorely missed.

My prayers for the comfort of his family

First shot with him in 2001 I believe, he invited me to his range in Wartrace and I have attended ever since. Heck of a nice guy, have missed seeing him the past few years. Glad to have called him my friend. 

I got this in an email from Whiskey Hayes.

Cowgirls and Cowboys

Services will be held at Woodfin Funeral Home in Murfreesboro, TN on January 5th. Visitation is from 1 pm till 4 pm with funeral service following visitation.

Sad news.

Our first time at Wartrace was also in 2004.  As Harley said, he welcomed us like old friends.  And he came around to check on us a couple of times during the match.

Then possed with him and Will Reilly at EoT in 2005. 

Good man.  RIP Charlie.

For those of you who wish to attend the visitation and/or memorial service, cowboy dress is approved and appropriate.

Archived