SASS Wire Forum

Christmas decorations

Alpo

Walking the dog. Come to this one house.

Lights are still on the house. That scarecrow Santa Claus from nightmare before Christmas is still in the yard.

But their tree is at the curb.

I don't know. Just seems like you would take down your outside decorations before you took down your inside decorations.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Walking the dog. Come to this one house.

Lights are still on the house. That scarecrow Santa Claus from nightmare before Christmas is still in the yard.

But their tree is at the curb.

I don't know. Just seems like you would take down your outside decorations before you took down your inside decorations.

I put up my outdoor decorations before this crappy weather hit. I'll take them down when the crappy weather is gone.

And I worked my tail off putting them up. By God, I'm going to get my monies worth!

I don't remember seeing it covered in the DHB (Decorators' Handbook).  I checked the House and Stage Conventions, Materials Use,  Safety Rules, Operation Rules, and Penalties Sections.  I even looked at the Penalty Flow Chart and Reference Card, plus the Decoration Operators (DO) I and II Training Manuals.  Not a single word in any of that, so I guess we would give benefit to the decorator and allow discretion.   I'd have to say "No Call". 

56 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Most likely took the tree down because it was shedding needles.

This 100%.

Just removing the fire hazard!

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Most likely took the tree down because it was shedding needles.

We started getting Frasier firs. I always put the tree out near the bird feeders for cover when we are done. Last year the tree was in great shape and even showing some growth in JUNE! I couldn't believe it! 

11 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well NOW 

IF ya don't put none up , there is NO need to take any down 

labor saving tip 

CB :P

im with you here - but the wife has differing opinion , ours stay up and on for a few weeks into jan , i always call it a 12th day thing but it actually runs past , she likes her decorations , i would have boxed them on boxing day , 

this is the first year we had lights on the house - 30 years ago she said she wanted them , i finally agreed this year long as they went up in warm weather and stayed up till they died ...she agreed , all ill do is unplug the timers and call it good , inside is a different story but she will handle that as she is reorganizing storage and i would do it wrong ...........good thing ill be dead before her , id never be able to figure out the storage system here , there is a lot stored .........................................

Archived