SASS Wire Forum

My latest weird wonder

Alpo

Yesterday was Christmas, and there was no mail delivery because yesterday was Christmas.

But yesterday was also Sunday, and there would be no mail delivery anyhow because it was Sunday. So the mailman did not get an extra day off. It's like being born on December 25th - you don't get two presents.

The post office has a thing where you can sign in with them and they will email you whenever you have mail coming. And since I did not get an email this morning, I will not be receiving any mail today.

My wonder is, is everybody not receiving any mail today, because the mailman get today off for Christmas?

Postal employees get so many paid holidays every year. If that holiday falls on a day they normally have off, they will either get the day before or the day after off. 

same applies to federal and many state employees. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Haven't received mail yet, but it's still early. I know that the banks are closed today.

Don’t bother to wait. You won’t receive it at all. ;)

There was a mailman in our neighborhood this morning. I didn’t get any but he was out there ! I was kinda surprised myself!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

There was a mailman in our neighborhood this morning. I didn’t get any but he was out there ! I was kinda surprised myself!

That's likely parcel only, I think in conjunction with one of the parcel services, maybe FedEx.

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Postal employees get so many paid holidays every year. If that holiday falls on a day they normally have off, they will either get the day before or the day after off. 

same applies to federal and many state employees. 

Some companies do that too, since Christmas & New Year's fall on a Sunday, I had today and will have next Monday off.

Archived