SASS Wire Forum

It’s a purty thang

Utah Bob #35998

18 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Nice.  Thanks for the tune.

Short and sweet. Like me. :lol:

Love the sound of a mandolin. I have one hidden somewhere around here in the house. I will have to get it out and start practicing with it again. It seems these past 4 years I keep getting injured in a way that affects my ability to make noise…I mean, play my mandolin. 

Love the. Colors on yours, Bob. Very nice. 

33 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I don’t know anything about instruments. It has eight strings. What is it called?

A mandolin. 

Good looking F body , many years back  , I was involvd in a jam session , a real good player was teaching me a little on one , 

they changed to a coard , I did not know the fingering for , SO , I reached over and grabbed a kapo off the head stock , of another player 

slapped in on the fret board , as soon as the tune was finished , every one said , well I have never seen that done before 

Chickasaw 

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I don’t know anything about instruments. It has eight strings. What is it called?

An Italian Ukelele.  :D

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Love the sound of a mandolin. I have one hidden somewhere around here in the house. I will have to get it out and start practicing with it again. It seems these past 4 years I keep getting injured in a way that affects my ability to make noise…I mean, play my mandolin. 

Love the. Colors on yours, Bob. Very nice. 

Ditto on the fingers. And ditto on the noise. ;)

i never learned to play anything , not a good ear for music , i know what i like and that was great , rest of my family did and do , in bands and orchestras , my father , brother and sister performed multiple times at the BIX festival in davenport iowa on both the stage as well as the riverboat back in the 70s & 80s , my sister was a pretty good singer , 

i did own a nice 60s gibson guitar and a beautiful 20s maybell banjo but could never learn either even with lessons , just never even played the radio well ,

Archived