SASS Wire Forum

Some pics from an Aussie Christmas Day

Buckshot Bear

I’ll take the hot anyday, 11 degrees here right now going to 17 today! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS B)

As a kid I remember pictures of people Down Under celebrating Christmas on beaches.  I couldn’t wrap my head around sun and sand when Santa drove a sleigh, not a surfboard.  It took a while to learn about Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Enjoy your day and Merry Christmas!

Times like this it's hard to remember we have summerlike weather too!

Rye has 11 degrees up his way ... we have a balmy 12 degs F/11 degs C with wind chills of 7 below Fahrenheit and 22 below Celsius.

This is the first winter my wife ever complained about the cold. 

I'll remind her come hot weather when she complains about the heat.

If you hear the ringing gong of a briskly applied frying pan to my skull, long about July or so, you'll know I opened my big mouth on the subject!

Merry Christmas Pards!

Hug your dear ones.

Snowy, windy and -7 here right now.

My Kiwi buddy simply cannot imagine Christmas anywhere except at the beach.

Our #2 daughter and two grand daughter's just finished fighting a 24-hour fight to get back to Sacramento from D.C.
They flew in the day before from Italy, but the weather has things so snarled up, their flights were cancelled.
They had to transfer from Reagan to Dulles airports, change from Southwest to United, and buy all new tickets to get home.
That flight was delayed 4 hours because the flight crew for their flight was stuck in New Jersey, again bad weather.

16 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

As a kid I remember pictures of people Down Under celebrating Christmas on beaches.  I couldn’t wrap my head around sun and sand when Santa drove a sleigh, not a surfboard.  It took a while to learn about Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Enjoy your day and Merry Christmas!

I know exactly how you feel, as kids we grew up with all these Christmas scenes and pictures and stories of a "White Christmas" ......instead we get scorching heatwaves.

I can only imagine what Christmas must be like with eggnog, a crackling fireplace giving out warmth and snow piled up against the windows. 

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

My youngest Grandchilds first Christmas photo with Santa (its a scan so colours a bit off).

3y5.thumb.jpeg.18241f9cec60e0159bdbe9e7b03bcb37.jpeg

Looks like Old Saint Nick there got one hell of a sunburn.

Yeah, I see where you say the colors are probably off. Still funny looking.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Looks like Old Saint Nick there got one hell of a sunburn.

Yeah, I see where you say the colors are probably off. Still funny looking.

Yep even in the pic he looked pretty badly sunburned.......he'd had some sun!

The UV index is off the charts.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:39 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Some pics from an Aussie Christmas Day, bloody hot but the sun is starting to go down in the West.....still stinkin' hot though!

20221224_122426-Pano.thumb.png.6c72e974301d9e1941900adf53109c4e.png

20221224_153736.thumb.jpg.08c2f6a0baf4639ff36d7c8d5332e7f4.jpg

20221224_153739-Pano.thumb.png.9f9355f13a768bf6b83524c0b8fa8206.png

SNY02116-Pano.thumb.jpg.00f6720c20403de85f417294217859bf.jpg

Reminds me of Christmas in San Diego County.

Growing up south of Miami, that was the only kind of Christmas I ever had until the army sent me to Germany. You don’t need to be in Oz. Just near the equator.:D

i would have traded that most any day of the past week for what we have , while i didnt actually travel a lot we did drive 50-60 miles each of the days for family events , yesterday we spent with my MIL at the nursing home about 50 miles from here , going there was great coming home in blowing snowstorm not so much , today we were home and weather was tolerable , rest of the week we will be going places so im sure its gonna get icky 

Archived