SASS Wire Forum

Watching Scrooge

Utah Bob #35998

The 1951 version of a Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and my favorite. In glorious black and white. :wub:

33 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

And here I thought you was looking in the mirror :lol:

While there may be a physical resemblance, unlike Ebenezer I tend to be generous to a fault.;)

Speaking of Scrooge.

This evening, while walking the dog, I saw in the neighbor's yard something which at first I presumed to be a Christmas yard decoration - the Ghost of Christmas yet to Come.

After studying it for a while I decided that it was a slender bush about 6 feet tall which had been wrapped in black plastic to protect it from the freeze.

I watched the Sim version again this year, too, for the first time in a long time. That's the version we grew up with on TV at Christmas. It's hard to beat Sim's animated facial expressions!

But I've come to prefer the George C. Scott version, which I also watched again. 'Scrooge' with Sim is second. There are several other versions out there that are not as good.

13 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I do fondly recall the original version of Scrooge. I liked George C. Scott’s version.

Remember when the only Christmas shows were Scrooge and Amahl and the Night Visitors?

For sure! But I looked in vain for any version of Scrooge on my cable channels, and couldn't find any version.  Neither could I find a radio version! :(

Only found one broadcast of White Christmas, and that was late at night.

Ah, well, maybe next year...

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year, Pards!

I tuned into the FX made version. Never herd of it. First scene I saw somebody, I don’t know if it was Scrooge or not, yelled “She has a f***ing Gun!”

Turned the channel.

Accidentally hit the “previous channel” button later. The scene was in the graveyard and a kid was peeing on Scrooge’s gravestone!

Avoid this one is my advice.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/a-christmas-carol-fx-review-1263389/

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The 1951 version of a Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and my favorite. In glorious black and white. :wub:

When saw the OP I thought you had hacked the camera in my computer monitor!

Archived