SASS Wire Forum

pay as you go smartphones?

Alpo

All righty. I'm watching NCIS and their phones all got hacked. So they have burner phones.

Wonder if anyone ever uses that term besides television writers?

And all of their burner phones are flip phones. They can only put eight numbers in the phone memory. They can't take pictures. Their phones don't do GPS.

Oh my God how will they be able to survive?

Do they make pay as you go smartphones? So you could go down to Walmart and buy a phone and have GPS and photographs and a big contact memory and access the internet and all the other good stuff that you have on smartphones, but it would still be a "burner phone"?

You don’t want a lot of memory. You’re going to use it one up to a few times and trash it. You don’t want anything that can be useful to your enemies to be recovered.

just guessing here but I think a good way to get rid of it might be to stomp on it and dump in corrosive sea water, maybe even bleach. Especially if you’re talking about that hypothetical body that might have been buried in another jurisdiction.

14 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

…just guessing here but I think a good way to get rid of it might be to stomp on it and dump in corrosive sea water, maybe even bleach. Especially if you’re talking about that hypothetical body that might have been buried in another jurisdiction.

Or give it to Hillary Clinton…

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

All righty. I'm watching NCIS and their phones all got hacked. So they have burner phones.

Wonder if anyone ever uses that term besides television writers?

And all of their burner phones are flip phones. They can only put eight numbers in the phone memory. They can't take pictures. Their phones don't do GPS.

Oh my God how will they be able to survive?

Do they make pay as you go smartphones? So you could go down to Walmart and buy a phone and have GPS and photographs and a big contact memory and access the internet and all the other good stuff that you have on smartphones, but it would still be a "burner phone"?

They sure do, I have one on my kitchen table right now.

I lost my phone couple years ago and hade to have another one before a replacement from my phone company

On 12/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, Alpo said:

And all of their burner phones are flip phones.

My friend had a Tracfone. Looked like any other smartphone to me. It did everything you'd expect one to do.  

I, on the other hand, still use a flip phone. I holds more numbers than I need, it has a camera, I can check my emule on it, I don't know if it has GPS because I can read a map. I use it for a phone. I don't have my entire life tied up in it. 

If you notice, Gibbs has a flip phone right up until the end, and he did fine with it.

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If you notice, Gibbs has a flip phone right up until the end, and he did fine with it

That point was made. At one point Bishop was complaining that she could only put eight numbers in the memory. Gibbs says "so?"

She says "so what do you do with the rest of your contacts?"

He says "I remember their phone numbers."

21 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That point was made. At one point Bishop was complaining that she could only put eight numbers in the memory. Gibbs says "so?"

She says "so what do you do with the rest of your contacts?"

He says "I remember their phone numbers."

Quite true. I merely mentioned it only because MY flip phone stores a LOT of numbers. Every flip phone I've ever had did so.

Last flip phone I had stored a lot of numbers, but it would only take something like 10 pictures, and once you took them you couldn't do anything with them. Couldn't download them to the computer. Couldn't email them. Waste of time.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Last flip phone I had stored a lot of numbers, but it would only take something like 10 pictures, and once you took them you couldn't do anything with them. Couldn't download them to the computer. Couldn't email them. Waste of time.

The flip phone I have, as well as my previous one, (I only stopped using it because it was a 3G phone) would hold several hundred pics. I can send them to my email using text.

Archived