SASS Wire Forum

Hand prime or machine?

Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life

My bench has 3 SDB’s.  I’m not even sure where the priming attachments are   All my loads are primed on RCBS hand tools and fed into the SDB’s. I find the level of frustration dealing with primers on the bench, as part of the loading sequence, to be distracting.   I can prime 1000 cases confidently while watching an old western.

As a side benefit, the pistol range bags frequently given away at major matches make great dust covers for an SDB with no primer tube sticking out of it .

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

...As a side benefit, the pistol range bags frequently given away at major matches make great dust covers for an SDB with no primer tube sticking out of it .

Hey, I'v'e got those same Texican Ranger pistol bags.  But I use them for pistols :) .  I'll have to show A.D. this picture.  I told him that if they ever give those again to please try to get some that will hold 7 1/2" barrels.  

When I use my RCBS hand primer for calibers that I still load on the Lee Turret, I can only do about 100 at a time because of nerve problems in my hand.  So I'm very happy to be able to prime on the 550 now.

Archived