SASS Wire Forum

Memory Fade!

Dusty Devil Dale

My wife forgot to leave me a note to remind me to remind her to take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw.   Luckily, the cat sleeping atop the chest freezer tweaked her memory this morning, saving Christmas dinner.  LOL!

I took my 12 pound "Butterball" out a day or so ago, put it in a cooler, then just kept an eye on it as it thawed.

Still had a little ice in it this morning.

I rinsed it out, salted it inside, when stuffed it and put it in a "LOOK" cooking bag with a cup or so++ white wine.

It'll be done around 4:00 and I'll cool it and strip it, then freeze the bones etc. to make Turkey soup later (YUM)

Friends coming for dinner tomorrow, so, by request, I have Tomato/Strawberry Aspic, Cole Slaw, Mince meat pie, Turnip (rutabaga), Carrots and Escalloped potatoes..

First year my girl won't be around, but I wanted to keep up Christmas Dinner tradition for Big Red.

(I just spotted a Red Velvet Birthday cake he snuck home for his old man's 79th birthday tomorrow! I was trying to forget about it!!)

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I took my 12 pound "Butterball" out a day or so ago, put it in a cooler, then just kept an eye on it as it thawed.

I rinsed it out, salted it inside, when stuffed it and put it in a "LOOK" cooking bag with a cup or so++ white wine.

It'll be done around 4:00 and I'll cool it and strip it, then freeze the bones etc. to make Turkey soup later (YUM)

Friends coming for dinner tomorrow, so, by request, I have Tomato/Strawberry Aspic, Cole Slaw, Mince meat pie, Turnip (rutabaga), Carrots and Escalloped potatoes..

First year my girl won't be around, but I wanted to keep up Christmas Dinner tradition for Big Red.

(I just spotted a Red Velvet Birthday cake he snuck home for his old man's 79th birthday tomorrow! I was trying to forget about it!!)

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas :)

Okay, now I can tell my wife there is someone else in this world that likes coleslaw with turkey. She thinks I am weird, so now I can say it’s an international thing. ;)

26 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay, now I can tell my wife there is someone else in this world that likes coleslaw with turkey. She thinks I am weird, so now I can say it’s an international thing. ;)

Yeah, there are two.

57 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Cole Slaw goes with almost any lunch or dinner meal.

I've been using a whipped cream dressing for a couple of years now.

Heavy cream, salt, a little black pepper in a bowl. Whip with electric mixer until starting to thicken, add cider vinegar, or rice vinegar for a milder flavor, to clabber it.  Continue mixing to soft peaks.  Add sugar to taste to balance the vinegar, adjust salt.  Fold into finely chopped or shredded cabbage and carrots.

Archived