SASS Wire Forum

Anyone use MANTIS X?

Mustang Gregg

I just wondered if anyone has tried it.  It is being advertised widely lately.

I've had MantisX for about 4 years now. It helped my semi-auto shooting. It is works great. My SIG does not have a rail, so I went with the mag bottom attachment.

If used regularly, you're good to go. It does identify some common shooting errors.

La Sombra

No  I work on transitions while others work on shooting faster and they walk from position to position  and carry 50 lbs. of extra gear with them.;)

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

I've had MantisX for about 4 years now. It helped my semi-auto shooting. It is works great. My SIG does not have a rail, so I went with the mag bottom attachment.

If used regularly, you're good to go. It does identify some common shooting errors.

La Sombra

So you mean you were even worse before you started using it?  Oh wait, you said semi-auto.  Nevermind.  :P

11 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

So you mean you were even worse before you started using it?  Oh wait, you said semi-auto.  Nevermind.  :P

Abilene,

Cut me some slack. It is Christmas time. Unless you are celebrating Festivius, which I will just put the comment down to "The Airing of the Grievouses".

La Sombra

I did a T&E on one for training purposes and after my evaluation Mantis let me keep it. I've used it with students who just cannot verbally understand what jerking the trigger and anticipating the shot does. With some students is been a game changer with others not so much. I like to see how small I can get the arc, pull, and break. 

JEL

I’ve had one since they came out.   I enjoyed using it.  It does help improve your trigger control, especially if you are prone to jerking or slapping the trigger.  Combine it with a Barrel Blok and it’ll let you manually cycle the slide easily.  

Does anyone use it on your single action SASS six-guns?

I have a clamp-on picatinny rail that clamps to the underside of the barrel to mount it.

If you do, does the cocking of the hammer interfere "clicking" with the feedback?

I have a Mantis.  It does a great job of tilling the garden (even in hard clay soil) and edging the lawn.  Amazing little machine for just $145.  

(Oh, I guess you were talking about something else.)

11 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I have a Mantis.  It does a great job of tilling the garden (even in hard clay soil) and edging the lawn.  Amazing little machine for just $145.  

(Oh, I guess you were talking about something else.)

Is that like the garden weasel?

I too have the mag adapter as well as the 10-21mm Barrel Mount Picatinny Rail adapter.  I also bought a BR4 kit w/4 different universal size bore adapters which fit the bores of 9mm / 357 / 380, 40 cal / 10mm, 44 Mag, 45 ACP / 45 Colt.  that Mantis sell and yes, these work very well on the cowboy guns.  I also ordered a Strikeman 9mm & 380 dry-fire training system after my shoulder replacement.  I haven't used them as much as I should but will start again because yes, they do work & help.

Charlie

Mustang Gregg,

If you are looking for a laser based dry firing system, Coyote Carson made a video highlighting the Strikeman Pro system.

just bought my wife the X3 version for christmas so i may get to try it , she had expressed an interest in the dry fire version , but when i decided to get it i thought she might appreciate the dry/live fire version , 

Archived