SASS Wire Forum

Lead Shot @ Sportsmans

Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

There was no price tag on the shelves.  However, the SW website shows it selling for $56.99/bag.  That's not a great price but is a savings for our local shooters who have purchased at higher prices online and then paid shipping.

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You guys aren’t buying from @SHOOTIN FOX?  I started buying his shot and love it, meters well, and graphited. 

I buy from the Fox too.  I picked up shot from him at both EOT and Land Run.  The Fox could not fill all his orders for Land Run and I ended up selling some of my shot to two local shooters who were very short on shot.  I buy shot where I can get it without shipping.  Sportsmans is just one retailer that supplies me.  Most of the discount coupons I get from them at major matches were used to buy shot.

After reading KR's post I visited Sportsmans website and found my Sportsmans too had restocked with shot.  I now have 100-lbs waiting for me for pickup at my local store.  They have more shot in stock than I purchased.

Sportsman’s stopped selling their house brand in the green Sportsman’s marked bags.  Four of us went together and bought a pallet of shot (80 bags) a couple of months ago, when no one locally had any shot, from the company that was making the shot for Sportsman’s.  After paying shipping it came out to $49 a bag and came in the Sportsman’s marked bags.

I picked up an additional 50-lbs of #8 shot I ordered online at Sportsmans yesterday.  (I shoot clays locally with some CAS pards and need plenty.)  My Sportsmans had #4 and #9 shot on the shelf.  They just restocked with #8 according to their website.  At least locally Sportsmans is bringing in shot regularly.  BTW, Shootin' Fox's prices beat Sportsmans.

1 hour ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I do. I ship as well. I ship as well. 65# for $150 with tracki g and insurance to your door. 

18 left for EOT.

Fox

I’d like to order some shot. I tried to PM but wire advised you can’t receive messages.  
Thanks!

PAK 

On 1/5/2023 at 7:24 PM, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I have 24 bags/jugs left for EOT. Order early. $45 for #25.

I couldn’t send a message either but I would like to pick up 4 bags at EOT.

Thanks 

Randy 

13 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I do. I ship as well. I ship as well. 65# for $150 with tracki g and insurance to your door. 

18 left for EOT.

Fox

I could not send you a PM.

So, I would like 2 at EOT

Jim Brown

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

You guys aren’t buying from @SHOOTIN FOX?  I started buying his shot and love it, meters well, and graphited. 

Didn't know about Shootin Fox :-)

ive been using reclaimed shot from local ranges since i started reloading shotgun shells near 20 years ago now and had no issues with it , im not going to pay todays prices for shot unless i go back to loading for sporting clays competitions and that is very unlikely at this point in life , i have factory loads i can use , the price of new shot is outrageous since there are no more domestic smelters 

Archived