SASS Wire Forum

The Birthday Party

Back 40 #23910 L

34 minutes ago, Burn Through said:

I can not see it 40 ?

It is a Microsoft Word document.  Everybody might not be able to open it, so I copied it here (might should be in the Saloon).  Merry Christmas, Back 40!

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY

BY MEL GAJEWSKI

There once was a young man named Jesus that lived with his mother Mary and father Joseph in a small town named Nazareth.   One cool, crisp late December morning, Jesus awoke to the smell of a delicious breakfast being cooked by his mother.   He jumped out of bed, slipped on his Star Wars house shoes and Batman robe and headed down stairs. 

“Good morning mother”, Jesus exclaimed.   “Good morning sweet son, your Father is already in his work shop”, Mary replied.   Jesus then looked over at the calendar on the refrigerator.   It was Wednesday, December 22.  Jesus counted the days off the calendar and ended on December 25, where a big red X indicating his birthday.      “Mother, do you think someone will give me a birthday party this year? asked Jesus.   “I don’t know dear, I certainly hope so”, replied Mary. 

Jesus finished his breakfast and told his Mother that he was going for a walk in the neighborhood.   “Be very careful”, Mary replied.   The air was cool, and Jesus was thankful for his heavy wool coat and hat.  Jesus strolled through several blocks of the city and finally came to a street called Wall Street.   Wall Street was where all the big high tech companies had their fancy offices.  Jesus walked up the street and notices a big office complex with several big glass windows.   Through the windows, he could see several festive glowing lights.  The

people in the building were singing, dancing and laughing and having a grand old time.  He noticed in one corner of the room was a big table with brightly wrapped presents and thought to himself, “This could possibly be my Birthday Party”. 

Jesus walked through the front door and saw a big banner that read, Happy Holidays.  He walked into the room where all the people were having so much fun.  Soon, a very large man with a pin on his suit label that said, Happy Holidays, came up to Jesus and asked, “ What do you want kid?”   Jesus replied, “Is this my birthday party”?   “No kid”, said the big man, “this is our corporate Holiday Party, and KIDS are not invited.  You must leave”.  Jesus bowed his head, turned around and walked out the building. 

On his walk back home, Jesus was wondering why the banner and pin on the big man’s suit label said, Happy Holidays and NOT Merry Christmas.  As he walked into his house, he asked his mother Mary that question.  “Well dear, some people believe that is the proper way to acknowledge the holidays”, said Mary.  

The next day started out cold again as Jesus hurried down the stairs from his bedroom.  His eyes went straight to the big calendar, which showed December 23.  “Do you think someone will have a party for me today”, said Jesus.  “I don’t know dear, I certainly hope so”, replied Mary.  Jesus told his mother that he was going to take another walk and headed down a street called Broadway.  Soon to came to a huge shopping center.  Festive Christmas decorations were everywhere.  Long streams of garland encircles with flashing red and blue lights reached from one end of the mall to the other.  Loud Christmas music was playing throughout the stores as the shopper’s hustles from one store to the other.  Jesus thought to himself, just maybe, this is where my birthday party is being held.  In the center of the mall was a very large banner that read, Happy Holidays, and under the banner was a large chair, sort of like a throne.  In the chair was a rosy cheeked, jolly fellow in an all red suit.  He kept saying, Ho, Ho, Ho, to all the children lined up to sit on his lap.  Jesus stood in line with the other kids and was soon sitting on the big guys lap.  “HO, HO, HO, what do you want for Christmas little boy”? the jolly man asked.  Jesus replied, “I would really like a birthday party”   “Can’t help you there”, replied the man with the white beard and cried out, “NEXT”

Jesus slowly bowed his head and walked away.  A tear began to trickle down his cheek and he thought, for sure, this had to be the place for his birthday party.   Snow began to fall again as Jesus walked up the steps to his house.   He had cried most of the way home and felt very sad.  Mary and his Father Joseph both saw that Jesus was feeling very low.  Soon all three were having a family hug and Jesus began to feel a little better.

Wow, overnight, the new snow covered the landscape like a beautiful white blanket.  Jesus was up early and again ran down stairs to the big calendar on the refrigerator.  It showed December 24th, only one day to the “Big Red X” day.   After his breakfast of hot oatmeal and chocolate milk, Jesus again asked his mother, “Do you think someone will have a birthday party for me today”?    Mary replied, “I don’t know dear, I certainly hope so”.  Jesus then told his mother that he wanted to take another walk through Nazareth.   Jesus took off in another direction this day and was soon on a street called Money street.  At the end of Money Street, was a huge mansion house.  Possible a king and queen lived there he thought.  As he made his way up the street, he could see several fancy cars in the driveway by the big house.    Through the windows of the big house, Jesus could see people laughing, singing, and having a great time.   This HAS to be the place of my birthday party, thought Jesus.  It HAS to be.  Jesus made his way up the big concrete steps and walked in through the massive front door.  There was that banner again, Happy Holidays.  Hey, there’s that guy in the red suit, thought Jesus, but he kind of looks different than yesterday.  Wow, look at all of those presents under that massive Christmas tree.   This is it, I’m sure, thought Jesus.  Soon a lady in a long flowing gown walked up the Jesus and said, “Hello dear child, but you are at a private party and you must have a formal invitation to be here.  I’m afraid you must leave.”   Oh no, not again.  Jesus began to cry.  Why does no one want to celebrate his birthday?

As Jesus walked into his house, Joseph called out to him, “Come here my wonderful son and sit on my lap”.   Joseph continued, “Tomorrow is your birthday and your mother and I will be taking you to a place that I think will make you very happy.  Jesus began to feel a little better and before long, was curled up in his warm bed.

Jesus awoke very early the next day.   This is it, he thought.  This is MY Birthday.   He slide down the banister with a big smile as he viewed the big calendar with the hugh red X.  “Happy Birthday” exclaimed Mary and Joseph at the same time and each presented Jesus a birthday present.  Joseph had carved a beautiful horse out of a block of wood and Mary gave Jesus a small basket filled with figs, nuts and fresh fruits.   

Soon all three of them were bundled up and heading out the front door.   “So where are we going father”? Jesus asked.  “Patience my son, we will soon be there”, replied Joseph. 

The family started walking down a street called Paradise Street.   At the very end of the street was a very large stone building that had very big bells that were ringing very loud.  The family walked up the stone steps and walked through the large wooded ornate door.  Wow, it’s a church, Jesus thought.  Inside, the first thing Jesus saw was a big banner that said, Merry Christmas to All.  The family then saw a bunch of kids, all in beautiful new cloths and lined up in a semi-circle in the front of the big church.   As Jesus walked to the front of the church, Mary and Joseph stated back a few steps.  Then, it happened.  The children began to sing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JESUS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

A hugh smile came upon Jesus’s face.  “Oh, I am sooooooo happy”, Jesus cried out.  “Finally someone has remembered my birthday” he said.  I nice lady then rolled out a large white birthday cake that had, happy birthday Jesus written in icing.  

All the children gathered around Jesus and began to eat the birthday cake, play games and sing songs.  Everyone was having the best time of their life.  Soon the nice lady clapped her hands and announced, “OK children, it’s time to give Jesus his birthday presents”.   Everyone yelled loudly and clapped their hands.  The children lined up and each one handed a small present over to Jesus.  When the last child presented his present, Jesus sat down and began opening them.  In each present was a small block of wood that had words on it such as:

Peace

Faith

Love

Patience

Hope

Understanding

Kindness

And the list went on and on.  Jesus was so happy.  This was the BEST Birthday he has ever had.  Mary gathered all the blocks and placed them in a big basket.  Soon it was time for everyone to return to their homes.  Each child wished Jesus a happy birthday and gave him a hug and kiss on the check.  

Jesus, Mary and Joseph were soon on their way home.   Jesus suddenly realized that his father was taking them home on a very dark street.  The name of the street was Skid Row Street.  As they started walking down the street, Jesus noticed a man sitting behind a large trash can.  “Sir, are you O K”?  asked Jesus. 

The man replied, “I just lost my life’s savings in the stock market and my family has abandoned me”  Jesus reached into the basket that Mary was carrying, pulled out one of the blocks of wood, and handed it to the man.  The block said, “FAITH”.  The man smiled and replied, “Merry Christmas kid”.  Jesus replied, “Merry Christmas mister. 

The family continued to walk down the street and Jesus noticed an old lady in ragged cloths, pushing a shopping cart.  “Hello lady, are you OK”? asked Jesus.  “All of my children have abandoned me and no one cares about me anymore” replied the lady.   Jesus again reached into Mary’s basket and handed the old lady a block of wood.  The block said, “LOVE”.

The elderly lady smiled and replied, “Merry Christmas sweet child”. Jesus replied, “Merry Christmas sweet lady”.

Near the end of the street, Jesus noticed another man rummaging through a dumpster.  “Excuse me mister, are you O K”? asked Jesus.  The man replied, “My business has failed and I’m trying to feed my family”.   Jesus again reached into the basket and handed the man the small block of wood.  The block said, “Hope” The man smiled and replied, “Merry Christmas young man”.   “Merry Christmas sir”, Jesus said. 

Soon the family was walking up the steps to their house.  The sun had set and the bright moon made the new snow sparkle and glisten.  Jesus could not get the smile off his face.  “Thank you father and mother for a wonderful day” boasted Jesus.  

Suddenly, all three heard a sweet sound coming from high above in the clouds.  It was the most beautiful and angelic singing that any of them have ever heard. 

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST

AND PEACE TO MEN ON EARTH

Mary said, “See Jesus, the angels are also wishing you a happy birthday.”   Jesus smiled again.  It was the greatest day of his life.   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS

Archived