SASS Wire Forum

Goodbye, Dear Little Friend, Chiquita.

Trailrider #896

You were with us for thirteen wonderful years. A year ago September, you had developed a cancerous mass, and we took you to the finest veternary oncologists, and kept you going, comfortable and still playful until tonight, when you were obviously in considerable pain. We took you to the vet emergency room, but they couldn't help you, so we made the hard decision to let you go to Rainbow Bridge.  Mommy and I will miss you, as will your kennel mate, Lucy.  But we know you are in a better place, and romping around with our other dogs who have gone before you.  God Bless you, little dog!  -_-

2 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

You were with us for thirteen wonderful years. A year ago September, you had developed a cancerous mass, and we took you to the finest veternary oncologists, and kept you going, comfortable and still playful until tonight, when you were obviously in considerable pain. We took you to the vet emergency room, but they couldn't help you, so we made the hard decision to let you go to Rainbow Bridge.  Mommy and I will miss you, as will your kennel mate, Lucy.  But we know you are in a better place, and romping around with our other dogs who have gone before you.  God Bless you, little dog!  -_-

Best wishes Trailrider, it's bloody hard..lost my mate 'Gullee 4 weeks ago...gunna' take a while  but will never forget..strength to you friend, I know it cuts deep.

My hand on your shoulder, my friend.

I asked the vet when would be the right time, and he said "She'll let you know."
Salty-dog did; hers was cancer, inoperable, it was the right thing to do and the right time to do it.

I still felt like I'd just murdered my best friend.

You are not alone in your grief.

My deepest condolences. I've walked in your shoes and know your grief. Rest easy knowing you did right by her in her life.

Our deepest condolences for your loss of Chiquita. Chiquita will be waiting at the bridge for you Trailrider. Losing our furry kids is never an easy thing.

Eyesa & Ellie

Our hearts go out to you.

Sad for you and your families!

Don’t be too sad ‘cause they ain’t hurting no more!  There’ll be more joy and many fond memories when the hurt subsides!

Don’t wait too long to find another friend to share your journey!!

Thank you all for the kind words.  It is tough, but it would have been cruel to let her continue to suffer.  We'll pay a little more attention to Lucy, our cockapoo.  Chi-chi knew we loved her.  She'll be waiting at Rainbow Bridge, though I hope it will be quite a while before we meet her there! 

Have a Happy Holiday Season, Pards!

3 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Used to know how to do that, but doesn't look like I can find the way with the newer Forum format.

Go into your message inbox, click a few you don't need to keep in the little box under the title, then the trash can at the bottom. At least on my phone!

9 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Go into your message inbox, click a few you don't need to keep in the little box under the title, then the trash can at the bottom. At least on my phone!

Got it. Thanks! Didn't realize I had stuff in there 15 years ago!

Merry Christmas and a Happier and Healthy New Year!

Archived