SASS Wire Forum

Robin Williams & Billy Crystal Leno Tonight Show 1997

Chantry

There weren't many people who could keep up with Robin when he started to improv and got on a roll.  Billy Crystal, Jonathan Winters & Craig Ferguson could usually keep up and maybe Johnny Carson & Don Rickles.  On edit: Sound is fine when I click on the link, but you might have to turn the volume up some

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Robin Williams said some nasty things about Bush W and his daughters back when W was running for POTUS,  ever since then I can't stand him! I think it was at a Democrat convention, Rush played the clips on his radio show and for the life of me I can't find them. It was kinda nasty! I was never a big fan of his humor anyway!

I think you're missing out.  Robin Williams was an incredibly funny person and incredibly talented.  I don't know why people choose to get their politics and entertainment from the same place; I see very little overlap between the talents of either one and I expect comedians to make fun of everyone without limit.

I agree @El Chapo.  It's too bad Robin lost his battle with his demons. With as PC as the world has become today, I can only imagine how funny he would be. 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Robin Williams said some nasty things about Bush W and his daughters back when W was running for POTUS,  ever since then I can't stand him! I think it was at a Democrat convention, Rush played the clips on his radio show and for the life of me I can't find them. It was kinda nasty! I was never a big fan of his humor anyway!

I didn't agree with Robin on a lot of things political, but aside from that he was a remarkably decent human being and a great friend per the people who knew him.

Robin also did 6 USO tours from 2002-2013, 5 of them overseas and he made a point to meet as many service members as possible:

https://www.uso.org/stories/29-he-brought-them-light-how-robin-williams-turned-his-uso-tours-into-personal-experiences-for-troops

6 hours ago, El Chapo said:

I think you're missing out.  Robin Williams was an incredibly funny person and incredibly talented.  I don't know why people choose to get their politics and entertainment from the same place; I see very little overlap between the talents of either one and I expect comedians to make fun of everyone 

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How could I be missing out on someone I never cared for? I may be in the minority here but I just never cared for him snd after the slams on W and his daughters I had absolutely no use for him!

By applying a ridiculous standard that he made a joke about someone you like, so you don't like him.  Robin Williams was one of the funniest people who has ever walked the face of this earth.  You're missing out if you let some political squabble prevent you from enjoying his work.

I was literally this many days old when I learned there was even one person who didn't like Robin Williams.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but you'd be hard pressed to find even one other person who doesn't think he's funny.  That doesn't mean you won't or that you're wrong, but then there'd just be two of you really missing out.

1 hour ago, El Chapo said:

By applying a ridiculous standard that he made a joke about someone you like, so you don't like him.  Robin Williams was one of the funniest people who has ever walked the face of this earth.  You're missing out if you let some political squabble prevent you from enjoying his work.

I was literally this many days old when I learned there was even one person who didn't like Robin Williams.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but you'd be hard pressed to find even one other person who doesn't think he's funny.  That doesn't mean you won't or that you're wrong, but then there'd just be two of you really missing out.

I respectfully disagree! 

Archived