SASS Wire Forum

Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation

Buckshot Bear

When my Mom was an RN, she had a guy come in with his unit stuck in a vacuum cleaner hose and another with rectal pain, looked in and a flash light was shining back out! An EMT that worked for me took a guy in to remove several Matchbox toys. You can't make this stuff up. At least tie a string to it for crying out loud! :D

35 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Huh, just happened to fall on it, gotta love it!

LOL, just chuckling. Hey look at the size of that shell, that should feel great! :D:D Love the ER sign.:D

Dad was a Doc and ran across quite a bit of this when he worked ER during his residency in NYC.  He said that after the first couple you could diagnose the situation by the way they walked.  The worst one he encountered was a large lightbulb.

11 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Throughout my time in law enforcement, I never got used to the amount of people who went to the ER with strange objects stuck in various orifices.

Look in the handbook about how you may carry extra ammo, something like "May not be carried in mouth, nose, ears.....or any other bodily orifice."

I still wonder who carried what and where to bring that into being.

A lady friend of mine is a retired nurse who spent some time in the ER. She told me about a man that came in with a gerbil in his rear cavity !:o

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A lady friend of mine is a retired nurse who spent some time in the ER. She told me about a man that came in with a gerbil in his rear cavity !:o

Gerbils, hot wheels cars, a light bulb, broom sticks...I don't even remember all of them.

We used to get regular trips to the outside hospital from the prison I worked at for guys with roll on deodorants stuck in that particular orifice.

Ever there is a show called   (Sex put me in the ER) There was some good ones.

Largo

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

This guy was a man of large calibre. 

8 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Gerbils, hot wheels cars, a light bulb, broom sticks...I don't even remember all of them.

8 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

We used to get regular trips to the outside hospital from the prison I worked at for guys with roll on deodorants stuck in that particular orifice.

What'cha mean Rectum? 

Damn near killed 'um.  :blink:

The Former Missus Hardpan spent several years as an ER nurse.  She worked the "night shift" (hospital folk don't like the term "graveyard shift"), and would often wake me when she came home after a Friday night shift to share some most AMAZING tales.  

Cannot repeat most of 'em here....  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

What exactly goes thru a guys mind that makes him look at WW1 ordinance and think to himself "I know just where to put that..."   Maybe he self identifies as artillery.  :blink:

He was expecting to get a charge out of it?

I recall reading of a situation in the Pacific in WWII where a troop was hit in the hip or somewhere with a Japanese 20mm round, filled with picric acid as the explosive charge, which hadn't gone off.  The surgeons very carefully removed it, after taking what precautions they could to protect themselves if it had gone off.  Fortunately, they were able to successfully remove it, and the patient recovered. :blink:

Old veteran lawman and medic here and I've been laughing and nodding at most of the responses ... I can't add anything to the excellence of the replies thus far ... yes I've seen some things and no I won't add to what's already been mentioned save only to share Rip Snorter's stated sentiment about light bulbs.

Archived