SASS Wire Forum

Forty Rod needs your prayers

Blackwater 53393

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m planning on giving him a call in the morning.  I’ll keep you all posted!!

Dawg... a week in the hospital?  I surely hope their food is better than I got on my last stay.  If not, that boy's gonna be downright grumpy by the time he gets sprung!  :(

Hopefully someone local can at least smuggle him in a cheeseburger or two...  :huh:

Hey Tom, hope you will be well enough to be at Zeke's for our weekly cowboy group breakfast this Thursday.

I missed last Thursday only because I was shipped down to Tucson VA for a kidney stone problem.  Not going to miss two in a row.  Enjoyed meeting your "boys" the week before we both went down.  

Didn't you once tell me that "Getting old is not for sissies?"

Loved your jacket last breakfast.  Thought someone was going to shoot that "thing" around your neck.

Folks, you have to see a picture of this jacket!

Prayers up Pard.  

Oh... and Forty... Sassparilla Kid and Ms Helen Brimstone both send you their best.  :)

Talked to Forty on the phone a few minutes ago!  He was arranging some clothes and stuff that one of the folks nearby brought him and was receiving what seems to be excellent care! I heard nurses talking to him and he was responding positively!

Said he really appreciates the prayers and good wishes and looks forward to full recovery.

It’t working!  Y’all keep it up!!

16 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Talked to Forty on the phone a few minutes ago!  He was arranging some clothes and stuff that one of the folks nearby brought him and was receiving what seems to be excellent care! I heard nurses talking to him and he was responding positively!

Said he really appreciates the prayers and good wishes and looks forward to full recovery.

It’t working!  Y’all keep it up!!

So …still in the hospital?

48 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So …still in the hospital?

Yeah.  They’re doing some rehab/therapy and working on getting his dietary needs met.

He apparently lost ten pounds in less than a day’s time and was dehydrated badly.  

2 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

His dietary needs are eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy for breakfast at Zeke's with his cowboy friends in Prescott, AZ.

I’ll tell him you said it!!

If I can get out there again, I’d like to try that breakfast myself!!

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Yeah.  They’re doing some rehab/therapy and working on getting his dietary needs met.

He apparently lost ten pounds in less than a day’s time and was dehydrated badly.  

It's good to hear he is getting better. 

The hospital won't let him go home until they are sure he can take care of himself.

17 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I could use a diet plan like that.:P

No, I don't think you do.

Keeping you in my prayers 40

Home as of 0900 hrs today.  better but not well yet.  Got a long furrow and some rocky ground ahead, but I can whip this, too.

Trust me when I say you don't want to do this.  I have three or four weeks of rehab ahead.  Came home to a dead car with no apparent cause so tomorrow I have to get that seen to.  Found some truly great medicos in that hospital.  More on that later

Shower and nap time now.

Thanks to each and everyone of you all.

Morelater

17 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Home as of 0900 hrs today.  better but not well yet.  Got a long furrow and some rocky ground ahead, but I can whip this, too.

Trust me when I say you don't want to do this.  I have three or four weeks of rehab ahead.  Came home to a dead car with no apparent cause so tomorrow I have to get that seen to.  Found some truly great medicos in that hospital.  More on that later

Shower and nap time now.

Morelater

Great news, continue to get well Pard.

Good news, Forty!  Now, rest up and heal up!

Is it true they sent ya home so's them nurses could take a breather...?  :rolleyes:

Welcome home 40, wishing you a quick recovery. Take care of your grumpy self!:P

EH

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Shower and nap time now.

Morelater

Glad you're home!  Hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Archived