SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship June 1-3, 2023

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

KK, you should not have flushed the paper.:lol:

KK is tough! That was those dad-blamed corn cobs!

8 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

KK, you should not have flushed the paper.:lol:

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Well there ya go EB, I went and gave up my lakefront reservation so's you could have it on your first time at the campground. I know you'll enjoy that choice spot, especially if it rains a good bit. :D

Kajun

IMG_9234.jpeg

You should know that wasn't taken to later in the day. The water was a lot higher at sunrise.

On 12/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Y'all are definitely not damned Yankees!!!!! And you dress like a real Cowboy!.

Randy

1866818070_SixgunSeamus2020StatePink.thumb.jpg.514c419adab4289b871a1c5f0f20ee69.jpg

That's a great look for you. I recommend you wear it for every match.

Max & Ophelia will be there (as always).

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

I guess that makes me double tough! :lol:

I was “almost famous” on that day too! I could just see the headlines in the local paper……”Electrical Power Engineer Electrocuted At Local Campground.”

Kajun

IMG_9235.jpeg

In Kajuns defense he did fix the problem for us. He opened his site drain and put the plug on top of the electric box. It did not take the local utility to realize the waste water system was handling the storm water instead of the storm system. They fixed it by the time we got back and even replaced the drain plug.

5 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Anyone know of reasonable accommodations nearby? The Hampton in Manchester wants $400... PER NIGHT!!!

It's not the Plaza and it's not Waikiki. Good Lord!

Good grief, they must be smoking some good crack.

THE BEST Hotels in Wartrace, TN for 2023 (from $67) - Tripadvisor

There are some hotels in Shelbyville too, close to the campgound if you get board.:rolleyes:

Try AirBnb. I found some "nearby" (10 miles away) that were reasonable.

La Sombra

8 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Scarlett found a good Bed and Breakfast in Bell Buckle. Some folks have been staying at an Air BnB on a horse farm in the area but I don’t know the name of it.

Randy 

Looks like the horse farm is booked up that Friday.

8 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Some folks have been staying at an Air BnB on a horse farm in the area but I don’t know the name of it.

Randy 

It even comes with fresh hay.

21 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It even comes with fresh hay.

and horse flys and house flys and wasps; but they normally set out a can of Raid. Air conditioner wasn't great in the room I've stayed in there either. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Watch out…there could be some wild stages at the Tennessee State Match!

If you look real close you'll see a chicken foot amongst the gravel.....obviously ole TW was there before! B)

Kajun

We were going so well without ruffling TW's feathers, and then here come Kajun, with a picture to boot!:D

Chicken FEAT, could be a name for a sweep.

What say you TW?

Rifle must not be last?

4 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

We were going so well without ruffling TW's feathers, and then here come Kajun, with a picture to boot!:D

Chicken FEAT, could be a name for a sweep.

What say you TW?

Rifle must not be last?

Well you dang sure have to skip one target on a Chicken Feet Sweep....gotta somehow account for that missing chicken foot!  :D

Kajun (what is just funnin' ole @Tennessee williams)

50 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Well you dang sure have to skip one target on a Chicken Feet Sweep....gotta somehow account for that missing chicken foot!  :D

Kajun (what is just funnin' ole @Tennessee williams)

It's on 5 targets. Order is:

Or was it 1,3,5,2,4,1,3,5,2,4:ph34r:

It's a good shoot.  For many years, we (the wives) were not invited.  & then when the partner retired from shooting, I got to go.  This year it conflicts with my HS reunion & Petey acknowledges I will be sorry if I do not go.  So somebody from around here, please, sign up to go with Petey.  The accomodations are adequate.  I do NOT want to send him off pulling the RV trailer by himself.

Just got my application mailed out. My 1st state match ever. Only have a half dozen monthly shoots under my belt as is. Looking forward to meeting all you crazy folks chicken feet or otherwise and having a dang good time!!! Tennessee, Tennessee ain't no place I'd rather be. 

That's the great thing about SASS.  The matches are open to everyone with every skill set.  A brand new shooter could likely be shooting on a posse with a world champion or two.    Everyone is welcome.  

2 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Tennessee, Tennessee ain't no place I'd rather be. 

Last year was our first time at this match.  Now we're going Back To Tennessee.

You have made an excellent choice.  You will be grateful for your decision.

12 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

It's on 5 targets. Order is:

Or was it 1,3,5,2,4,1,3,5,2,4:ph34r:

I call that one the Odds & Evens Nevada Sweep. Not as popular as I'd hoped. idk

10 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Just got my application mailed out. My 1st state match ever. Only have a half dozen monthly shoots under my belt as is. Looking forward to meeting all you crazy folks chicken feet or otherwise and having a dang good time!!! Tennessee, Tennessee ain't no place I'd rather be. 

You are sure to have a lot of fun.  Beside the people, the thing I love most about TN state is that it has made me a better shooter. The stages are challenging but are not P traps. The stage designs requires the shooter to think about what works best for them. 

Most important advice I can give you is to not stress about how you place. Go there to have fun and enjoy yourself. 

2 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

@Tennessee williams Looks like Shortcake has a five chicken limit. Will she need all those to be safe from your chicken feet curse?

CEE878C4-0AD6-473E-A36F-FECFB5BE5656.jpeg

Naw, Shortcake will be fine! You on the other hand.....might want to bring yourself a rabbits' foot and some rosary beads.:ph34r:

On 4/4/2023 at 10:23 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's the great thing about SASS.  The matches are open to everyone with every skill set.  A brand new shooter could likely be shooting on a posse with a world champion or two.    Everyone is welcome.  

With an Outlaw or two sprinkled in to keep it interesting.:lol:

Archived