SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship June 1-3, 2023

Chickamauga Slim

16 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

You just put a big ole target right smack dab in the center of @Lawdog Dago Dom's back! With pards like you, a feller sure dont need any enemies! 

That's what are friends for. :)

16 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Shortcake will protect me!

I think?:rolleyes:

Anybody wanna take bets she sits back and laughs. :P 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That's what are friends for. :)

Anybody wanna take bets she sits back and laughs. :P 

She said Tennessee sounds like fun already.:huh:

10 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Well he ainted wrapped real tight, but he is fun.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:01 AM, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

In the words of Festus Haggen, We'll treat ya' so many differnt ways you is bound to like one of 'em.

And don't worry none about ole Tenessee Williams, his cluck is loud, but he just flaps his wings and tries to convince everybody he has some mystical powers. The only real super power he has is making nanner puddin disappear. All that talk about chicken feet is jest doodly squat!

Now the real threat is Imis Toohofon's hat. If one of them westerly winds blows that thing off his head people could get hurt!

2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

He didn't ride a bus, he had to walk to school and back 5 miles, uphill each way!:rolleyes:

Randy

Barefooted, on gravel, in snow a foot deep. Good thing him and his kids was all in the same class until that year they graduated. It was a lonely walk for the 14 years that followed. Then the governor heard about the no child left behind program and giive him an offical pardon from 4th grade.

Dang @Tennessee williams, yore good name has done been besmirched....there's no good that can come from this.  I see bad things in the future of those that besmirched you.  Even now there are chicken feet being hexed, boll weevil potions soaked in cotton being prepared, frog lip fricassee being cooked up and jarred, and all manner of mountain incantations being written all to the detriment of yore besmirchers! If they only knew the power and wonder of your talents they'd be shaking in there besmirching boots! ;)

Kajun

11 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Kajun

Don't you worry none. Those besmirchers have stepped in a big ole pile of comeuppance! I just found a 3 legged possum back in the hills. That's one of the mainmost ingredients I needed. You can't just lop a leg off a 4 legged possum. It doesn't work that way.

49427.thumb.jpeg.301e898f955814b55476714f6dd7ec67.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Don't you worry none. Those besmirchers have stepped in a big ole pile of comeuppance! I just found a 3 legged possum back in the hills. That's one of the mainmost ingredients I needed. You can't just lop a leg off a 4 legged possum. It doesn't work that way.

49427.thumb.jpeg.301e898f955814b55476714f6dd7ec67.jpeg

Ummm......which one's the possum?

9 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

DeaconKFC, I figgerd the chicken foot following you home last time would've learnt ya. Now, I gotta give you another dose. :ph34r:

Lookin forward to seeing you at Alabama!

On 1/13/2023 at 6:14 PM, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

I think this will be my 20th year anniversary. 

Yep,we started our first match In "03.  What a great day it was.

DEADWOOD MINER

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Yes, I'm trying to spur interest in all seven South East spring matches.

Well I can’t make all 7 but I am signed up for 3.

Thanks for getting this started it should be fun!

Randy 

3 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Well looks like Vix-n and Myself will be attending this year.  always a great Shoot!!!!  and a Great group of Cowboys and Cowgirls !!!!

Good deal, it’s always great to have y’all shoot with us!

Randy 

• 1 month later...

Well, I finely found this thread way back on page 14 or so. Lets move it back up to the front

Talked to Ray Beech today about camping at Tn State. He has plenty of space and we have way too much fun at the campground. I If you are looking for a place to camp at TN State here is the info.

$50/night

Full Hook-ups

Lots of folks there.

Address of Campground

790 Whitthorne Street

Shelbyville, TN 

about 15 - 20 minutes from range depending on train in Wartrace

Make check to

Ray Beech

531 Belfast-Farmington Road

Belfast, TN  37019

931-580-3831

We have a fire every night and occasionally it is Lake front when the storm drains stop up.

Come join us for the fun, even if you dont camp this is the place to be if your not at the range.

16 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Well, I finely found this thread way back on page 14 or so. Lets move it back up to the front

Talked to Ray Beech today about camping at Tn State. He has plenty of space and we have way too much fun at the campground. I If you are looking for a place to camp at TN State here is the info.

$50/night

Full Hook-ups

Lots of folks there.

Address of Campground

790 Whitthorne Street

Shelbyville, TN 

about 15 - 20 minutes from range depending on train in Wartrace

Make check to

Ray Beech

531 Belfast-Farmington Road

Belfast, TN  37019

931-580-3831

We have a fire every night and occasionally it is Lake front when the storm drains stop up.

Come join us for the fun, even if you dont camp this is the place to be if your not at the range.

Cuz I’m such a nice guy I told Ray I was letting my lakeside camping spot go so if any of you folks want a “scenic” camping spot tell Ray that Kajun sent ya!  :lol:

Kajun

We have somewhere around 120 signed up with 2 months to go. Don’t forget we’re the last leg of The Magnificent 7. Don’t procrastinate, get your applications in soon.

https://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Randy

Thats about the only way I am sure I registered. Although I do seem to remember volunteering to hold a RO class so maybe I did send it in.

5 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Thats about the only way I am sure I registered. Although I do seem to remember volunteering to hold a RO class so maybe I did send it in.

About 2 years ago, I signed up for Alabama twice.  I'm pretty sure I only sent in one application per match this year.  I'm signed up for Tenn and I even have a campsite with Mr. Ray Beech.  Kind of doggy way of campground registration but you guys vouched for him.   

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

About 2 years ago, I signed up for Alabama twice.  I'm pretty sure I only sent in one application per match this year.  I'm signed up for Tenn and I even have a campsite with Mr. Ray Beech.  Kind of doggy way of campground registration but you guys vouched for him.   

Ray is a stand up guy. The Campground is a fenced in area used during the horse shows,  Lots of nice green grass. There are hookups all around the perimeter.  When you get there there will be little signs at each spot with your name/alias on it. If you have any issues give Ray a call. He'll see to it you are taken care of.

Weather permitting there is usually an informal potluck Thursday night. 

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Well there ya go EB, I went and gave up my lakefront reservation so's you could have it on your first time at the campground. I know you'll enjoy that choice spot, especially if it rains a good bit. :D

Kajun

IMG_9234.jpeg

Archived