SASS Wire Forum

We are in a cold spell, -53 F windchill ths am.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

Thirty three below last night with blowing & drifting snow all day yesterday. I wouldn't have been able to get out of here, downhill, through the drifts in my 4wd F350. Fortunately, I have a neighbor about a mile below me with a state surplus sanding truck/snowplow with chains, so the road is plowed now. I don't worry much about being snowed in, but it's always a concern that the local VFD is snowed out. :mellow:

The long range forecast says it will be in the mid-40's next week... with rain. :unsure:

Sitting in my room watching the tube. Snowing now but melting and running all our salt off the roads. Might take a drive around town to let people see a truck out. Trucks roll at 5:00am. 

Supposed to warm up to +14 for a high tomorrow in Denver.  We are supposed to go to a dinner.  I think I will wear formal dinner wear...longjohns, thermal-knit undershirt, sweater and my Air Force N3B parka, plus shoe pacs. At least, if we don't feel like going, we can stay home. Fifty-five years ago, I just had to pick up the mic and ask, "How far to what site?" :rolleyes:

Ottawa, Canada: -7 C with a lot of wind and drifting snow today.

A lot in the last two days, but not as much as some years. 

A little warmer too with rain and freezing rain on top of the snow made it really messy and hard to clear away, especially with the hydro out.

Electric start snow blower wouldn't start manually and it meant clearing wet, soggy slush, off the driveway, by hand, before the temperature went down and it all froze till next spring.

It went from 33 below to 52 above in three days - an 85 degree change. My mile and a half driveway went from impassable snow drifts to impassable mud virtually overnight. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 31, so the mud will be stiff enough to get out of here for the first time in about ten days.

Been there, though just for a week!  Was thinking about drift fences on the worst spots.  I have a good pit run base on the driveway so the mud isn't impassable.  I do try to avoid tearing up the driveway. Remaining ice on the drive is very slick.  Good luck!

39 and sunny right now, it damn near feels like spring! Going up to 42 today, in the 50's the next few days and might hit 60 by next Monday! 

our high temps have risen around 65 degrees F in the last week , today we got 4 degrees above freezing , it wont be quite that good rest of the end of and weekend but ill take it , this is more normal for us till mid jan , 

Archived