SASS Wire Forum

We are in a cold spell, -53 F windchill ths am.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

1) I've got no room to complain!

2) God grant it stays that way!

Just imagine how cold it would be without all this global warming we've had!

It's coming here Friday night into Sat and Sun.....14 degrees, 35-50 mph gusts and some snow although they're not predicting much snow. Monday starts to get better and high 30's and low 40's all next week! 

29 and rising here. Plows are on, trucks serviced, salt spreaders full.

We are going to wait and play it by ear on when we start salting. Rain first then a hard freeze. I have my cot, sleeping bag and heavy clothes ready to put in the truck. Tracey (my bride) is going to have a couple days food ready for me. I work an hour from home so I'm just going to stay at work and help EMS/Fire/PD as needed and run a plow route as required. My crews are old hands at this so no worries.

Colorado Front Range, including metro-Denver, expecting -14 with wind chill around -50 Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, plus 1 - 3 inches of snow!

3 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

-7 Tomorrow here  for the high with 40 mph plus winds , wont see above freezing till Christmas .all good  cant wait till it gets cold for a couple weeks straight 

Can't you keep that stuff up there?  Just remember "30-30 and 30".  Thirty below with a 30 knot wind, exposed flesh freezes in thirty seconds!  Won't get that bad down here, but once the wind chill gets below -40, it don't matter how much colder it gets!  Coldern' the North end of a Southbound missile maintainer around a Minuteman complex!  :o

Windchill east of Dallas will be about 5 below at sunrise Friday morning.

Leaving a day early than planned so I can be at my Mom's before the storm hits. At my Mom's the wind chill will be 30 below at sunrise Friday morning.

Forecast for Thursday is a high of fifty degrees and a low of one degree.

Won’t warm up ‘til after Christmas.  There’s a possibility of some snow for Christmas as well.

Boy, I feel your pain.

It was freezing here yesterday morning at 48 degrees, but warmed slightly to a brisk 72. This morning was a little better at 58 degrees but today it's 68 and rainy.

and winter isn't even here yet.:D

JEL

I had -122 wind chill. 

OK, meaningless numbers aside, it's supposed to be -20 tonight, -32 tomorrow, and -23 Thursday as this winter storm blows through, then up into the 40's early next week for a few days. I guarantee, no matter how much wind accompanies this storm, the temps are still going to be -20, -32, and -23.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I had -122 wind chill. 

OK, meaningless numbers aside, it's supposed to be -20 tonight, -32 tomorrow, and -23 Thursday as this winter storm blows through, then up into the 40's early next week for a few days. I guarantee, no matter how much wind accompanies this storm, the temps are still going to be -20, -32, and -23.

Wow 

The air here has a weird feeling to it. Almost calm, muggy, about 30 degrees. 

I mentioned bringing my cot in at the council meeting last night. Uh, no. I now have a room for two nights at a local resort. Meals paid for too. B)

we been below zero for a couple days now - too early for this weather - hope its not going to continue and get colder next month , its what we expect in jan/feb but not now , i hate the cold , dog hates the cold , i think the wife hates the cold , we need to move but the wife needs the grandkids still ...............i hate the cold 

Safety meeting this afternoon. Not one flake of snow out there is worth getting hurt for. Every man, woman and child in this town knows this crew knows their stuff. Well, except for two. Maybe three...... There was that mailbox episode last year.....

I laugh at windchill. From my living room chair.

15 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

We feel you pain here in the Tucson area!!  It's really cold here too!

image.thumb.png.68ff14d16f0b16e3263129c73f63a4ed.png

See here lies the issue  , and not knocking AZ lived there I have spent my time in Hell at 130 degrees wear full uniform and 80 pounds of ESAPI  Vest plus other gear . Just not that tolerant to the hot anymore .

It should be lovely here! Wet snow tonight, changing to 3 inches of rain at 50+° tomorrow, then dropping into the teens tomorrow night. Just can't beat rock solid slush.:lol:

Archived