SASS Wire Forum

Twins' names

Alpo

If you had twins, would you give them cutesy little sound alike names?

I went to school with two sets of twins. If the boys were Doug and Wayne, that would be okay, but it's been 50 years ago whenAND I'm thinking it might have been Doug and Dwayne. That's kind of pushing it. Then the girls were Debra and Donna. That's still a little close.

There's an online story where they name their poor defenseless little girls Holly and Molly. And there's a webcomic where we have a set of fraternal twins - Aaron and Sharon.

Why do people do that to their poor defenseless children?

Would you do that to yours? Did your parents do that to you?

Two twins I went to school with were Debbie and Kathy. (I had a crush on Debbie) 

My great nieces are Danielle and Alexandra (Danni and Alex) 

Used to work with a guy named Donald. He insists that he has a twin brother named Ronald. That's bad, but to make it worse they both have the same middle name. And their social security number is one digit apart. And the twin brother has a criminal record.

This tends to make it difficult for Donnie to buy a gun.

Could be worse though. I have heard that George Foreman named all of his children George Foreman. George junior, George III, George the 4th, etc. I guess if you've been hit a lot and are kind of punchy, it makes it easier remembering your kid's name. "George! Get over here!" :P

My friend's wife is a twin, her twin is a boy. They're named Donna and Donald, pretty easy to tell them apart though!:rolleyes:

My gals best friend is named Glenda. Glenda has a twin named Brenda. Glenda and Brenda are not even close to looking the same. When they were growing up, I guess the family gag was "Who's the good witch?". Got to them after a while. Let's just say that The Wizard of Oz is not their favorite movie.

My identical twin grandsons are named Tanner and Conner. My brother dated twins named Rhonda and Robina. My father Edward was a fraternal twin to Joseph. What I always found interesting about them was my dad was muscular and athletic,  whereas his brother was the stereotypical 98 lb. weakling.

Went to church with twin girls.  Nobody could tell them apart unless they were side by side except their family, so we just called whichever one we were talking to at the moment,  'Harry', since their last name was Harris.

It didn't bother them- until their older brother started it, too

Went to school with two sets of twins. The girls were in my class and were named Bonitta and Juanita. They were both readheads and you could tell that they were sisters.

The two brothers were a grade behind me and were Ronald and Donald.  They were almost impossible to tell apart until one of them let his hair grow long.  

The girls were bright and well behaved.  The boys were dumber than a grubbin’ hoe and stayed in trouble.

I work with twin females named Anna and Tatyanna. 

My cousins are Jerry and Janet, but they were named after their parents.

I knew triplets that were named Mack, Clint, and......Tucker?? Figure that one out.

JEL

Went to school with identical twins Donna and Debbie

taught a bunch in my 35 years as an elementary teacher

only ones I never cold tell apart were mirror twins John and Matt. (think being mirror twins would help--nope)

Called both John-Matt.  Parents loved it

All the kids could tell them apart and were always giving me advice of how to figure out which one was which. 

Never could

Paternal grandmother was one of a set of twins.  Lola and Ola.  She had twins (my aunts) Connie and Bonnie.  

She was also the grandmother that drove my mother to distraction with nicknames for every grandchild.  Mom threatened to move to an undisclosed location and never let grandmother see us kids again if grandmother didn't quit calling us by her little pet names.  

17 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Went to church with twin girls.  Nobody could tell them apart unless they were side by side except their family, so we just called whichever one we were talking to at the moment,  'Harry', since their last name was Harris.

It didn't bother them- until their older brother started it, too

When my great nieces were babies their mom and dad could only tell them apart because one of them had a birthmark on her stomach. Oh wait...Was it Alex or Dannie?:lol:

Now they're 24 and really don't look very much alike at all.

Let's see.  Bring back memories.  Older cousins, Donald and Ronald.  Ronald died of a brain aneurism at 34.  Donald lost and eye when his older brother laid a BB gun on the table, Ronald reached up and pulled the trigger while picking it up and it went off.    Grade school; Timmy and Tommy.  They moved from Tennessee.  Hard to understand.  Jr and Sr high when all the schools around town gathered in one, Craig and Jon.  Wife's nephew has a set, Austin and Carter.  My son has a set, fraternal, Wyatt and Harrison.  They are a pair to draw to.  Couple of jokers.  Harrison is bigger but Wyatt is more aggressive.

Our son is married to a twin. His wife is Nicole (a redhead) , his SIL is Kerry (a blonde). 

Oh, and my sister has twin boys.......my nephews, Griffin and Cole.

Archived