SASS Wire Forum

NRA American rifleman January 2023

Highwall

I became a life member in my early 20's, I'm now 71. Over the years I watched the American Rifleman magazine

slowly morph from basic ballistics, hunting and shooting with quality reliable firearms to faster, more capacity, more technology

and more defense and assault type articles. Today I received my new copy and was pleased to see the cover displayed the 

Peacemaker, Colt's Single Action Army!  I found articles on page 40, 42 and 44 thru 51. Yay! Thank you NRA in you centennial year

for the acknowledgement of the greatest handgun ever made.

• Highwall changed the title to NRA American rifleman January 2023

I’ve been a life member since I was in my twenty’s   Don’t know what happened but I no longer receive the magizine or email. I do receive their begs for money but nothing else. Same with other life member organizations I belong to. All benefits have stopped but they still ask for money. I’m a lifetime member of many organizations.  They all drop off after about tens years and quit on you

Rick Hacker's article was very well done. I did enjoy it, and he covered as much as he could in such a limited space.

I spent last evening reading the entire magazine. I always look forward to receiving it and this time was a special treat. So many times, you just see black plastic space gun articles, but this issue was special. Hopefully, the SAA will enjoy another 100 years of popularity.

Lucky:D

On 12/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I’ve been a life member since I was in my twenty’s   Don’t know what happened but I no longer receive the magizine or email. I do receive their begs for money but nothing else. Same with other life member organizations I belong to. All benefits have stopped but they still ask for money. I’m a lifetime member of many organizations.  They all drop off after about tens years and quit on you

I reckon I'm lucky! (maybe not)  I paid for my lifetime membership decades ago and have not given the NRA a penny more since but still get the American Rifleman monthly. 

I used to save them for future reference on ballistics, calibers, gun values and historical interest but now I just thumb through them and toss them away. I used to thrive on articles from the likes Elmer Keith, Bob Milek and Jack O'Connor and others but sadly there's nothing even close to that now.

Howdy Pards

Became an NRA lifer many years ago. Similar to the above Pard, I get the  monthly magazine but IIFC they’ve never sent a solicitation for funds.

I’m a member of some other shooting associations and they keep my mailbox full of requests for funds.

Keep on the sunny side 

Adios 

Fort Reno Kid 

Archived