SASS Wire Forum

FS NIB CZ Sharptail Coach Gun and Cimmaron 73 in 45

NIB CZ Sharptail 12g coach gun. Completely box stock just as it came from Cimmaron.

Comes in a CZ hard case........$940 plus shipping.........................................SOLD

NIB Cimmaron 1873 Saddle rifle,,,,45 Colt with 18.5" bbl, cch

receiver and lever with deluxe wood and checkering......$1250 plus shipping

73 rt best.jpg

73left (2).jpg

73leftclose.jpg

73rtclose.jpg

CZ bottom colors.jpg

CZ forearm.jpg

CZ left stock.jpg

CZ rt stock.jpg

CZ sideplate.jpg

• 3 months later...

Dutch Nichols, I am new to the hobby and I am overwhelmed at the total expense involved in getting started.  I would like to buy the shotgun but I will have to decide which other guns I can put off.  I have been only to one match an d IK was over whelmed by advice.  I have another match tomorrow.  I would like,e to see which guns I can borrow.  I will let you know oner way or the other.  By the way, how do I contact you directly?  Thank you very much.  

Jim Sp;rouse

AKA Deputy Dan Callahan

1 hour ago, JimSprouse said:

Dutch Nichols, I am new to the hobby and I am overwhelmed at the total expense involved in getting started.  I would like to buy the shotgun but I will have to decide which other guns I can put off.  I have been only to one match an d IK was over whelmed by advice.  I have another match tomorrow.  I would like,e to see which guns I can borrow.  I will let you know oner way or the other.  By the way, how do I contact you directly?  Thank you very much.  

Jim Sp;rouse

AKA Deputy Dan Callahan

For direct contact click his name. Then there will be two blue boxes right under the big picture/notice that pops up. Click the blue button on the right that looks like an envelope. That will allow you to send him a private message. Always send email address, phone numbers real name, etc as a private message. Helps keep your info private.  Welcome to the sport!  Lots of fun and a money pit for sure!  There are some videos on how to get started more economically but it is still not cheap. 

Thank you very much Doc Moses.  Yes, even after only a month I am hooked.  Unfortunately, I suppose, I have two other expensive hobbies.  I am having to hold off on them for now but I also am hooked on them so I can't see giving either of them up.  I am trying to sell on consignment seven pretty valuable guns that I haven't shot for 5-15 years.  If I can get rid of them fairly quickly I will be in a better position to buy cowboy guns.  I think this is a good price but I still will have to pay to get it tuned.  Oh well, you know all that's involved in the initial outlays.  Thanks again for your help and your advice.  

Sorry for the redundancy 51 minutes ago Dutch.  That post was supposed to be for Doc Moses who saw my post to you earlier.  He told me how to message you directly, offered other advice and commiserated with me about the expense involved in this hobby.  Still haven't learned how to operate correctly on this forum.  

3 hours ago, Doc Moses said:

For direct contact click his name. Then there will be two blue boxes right under the big picture/notice that pops up. Click the blue button on the right that looks like an envelope. That will allow you to send him a private message. Always send email address, phone numbers real name, etc as a private message. Helps keep your info private.  Welcome to the sport!  Lots of fun and a money pit for sure!  There are some videos on how to get started more economically but it is still not cheap. 

57 minutes ago, JimSprouse said:

Thank you very much Doc Moses.  Yes, even after only a month I am hooked.  Unfortunately, I suppose, I have two other expensive hobbies.  I am having to hold off on them for now but I also am hooked on them so I can't see giving either of them up.  I am trying to sell on consignment seven pretty valuable guns that I haven't shot for 5-15 years.  If I can get rid of them fairly quickly I will be in a better position to buy cowboy guns.  I think this is a good price but I still will have to pay to get it tuned.  Oh well, you know all that's involved in the initial outlays.  Thanks again for your help and your advice.  

I agree with Matthew Duncan. I have a tuned 73 and a stock 73 that I bought new and used the adjustments to set it up myself. Because I only do one match a month the tuned gun does not effect my scores. Buy one and shoot it for a year or so. Then you will know what kind of 'tuning' you want...and yes, there is a world of differences between a short strike and a 'super short stroke' kit in a rifle.  You might hate one and love the other.  After you've done 10 or 15 matches you will know which one you want or if you don't want one at all. Cost is the same. Have a great resurrection weekend!

On 4/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, Doc Moses said:

I agree with Matthew Duncan. I have a tuned 73 and a stock 73 that I bought new and used the adjustments to set it up myself. Because I only do one match a month the tuned gun does not effect my scores. Buy one and shoot it for a year or so. Then you will know what kind of 'tuning' you want...and yes, there is a world of differences between a short strike and a 'super short stroke' kit in a rifle.  You might hate one and love the other.  After you've done 10 or 15 matches you will know which one you want or if you don't want one at all. Cost is the same. Have a great resurrection weekend!

Thanks Doc, that is great advice!  I have a significant tremor that prevents me from doing any of the work myself.  So, it seems the going rate for tuning long guns is about $350.  What I need is a tuned shotgun that breaks open quickly and easily and, when held with the barrels straight up, the shell drop out.  You know how it goes.  The rifle . . . I agree with you.  Maybe I can borrow one from a different club member at sequential matches to see what I like and don't like about each one.  Great idea!  Thanks.  

On 4/7/2023 at 2:27 PM, Matthew Duncan said:

Why?

Thanks for the interest in my situation Matthew.  The reason I can't tune them myself is that I have a pretty bad tremor where my hands and fingers shake all the time.  About a year ago I tried changing the radiator hose on my 1970 Buick -- the main reason I can't afford the absolute best guns right now.  After about ten minutes I got the hose clamp on the radiator inlet loose.  After 15 minutes of trying to put my screwdriver  into the slot in the screw of the clamp on the block outlet I gave up and had my neighbor tighten the radiator end of the hose.  I wrapped the hose with Gorilla tape where there was a small pinhole and drove three miles to a repair shop to have the hose changed.  Remember the Don Knots movie, "The Shakiest Gun in the West"?  That's me now.  But, I was able to hit the targets most of the time in my one and only match a month ago.  I had FUN!!!  Oh, I almost forgot, I have macular degeneration with my right eye being worse than my left.  So not only does my hand shake but I shoot revolvers with my right hand and left eye!  Because I have a big ol' smudge right in the middle of my right field of vision, I can't see the front sight of my long guns so I just have to focus on the end of the barrel.  I tried shooting the rifle on my left shoulder but just couldn't work it out.  Still FUN!!!  I know I will never win a prize but I enjoy reliving my boyhood when all the kids in the neighborhood were good guys who chased the imaginary bad guys through everybody's yard at least twice when we played cowboys!  If I get to where I can't hit the targets anymore I think I will still dress up in my cowboy duds and go to the matches and still have FUN!!!

On 4/7/2023 at 9:21 AM, JimSprouse said:

I have another match tomorrow

Dutch Nichols,   That match was canceled.  I will call around to a few members and see if I can get some of them to meet me at the range to shoot their guns or maybe even borrow their backup guns.  

Just don't let your tremor make you quit!  It is worth it to compete even if you never get super fast.  The clang and fellowship are worth the effort.

6 hours ago, JimSprouse said:

Thanks for the interest in my situation Matthew.  The reason I can't tune them myself is that I have a pretty bad tremor where my hands and fingers shake all the time.  About a year ago I tried changing the radiator hose on my 1970 Buick -- the main reason I can't afford the absolute best guns right now.  After about ten minutes I got the hose clamp on the radiator inlet loose.  After 15 minutes of trying to put my screwdriver  into the slot in the screw of the clamp on the block outlet I gave up and had my neighbor tighten the radiator end of the hose.  I wrapped the hose with Gorilla tape where there was a small pinhole and drove three miles to a repair shop to have the hose changed.  Remember the Don Knots movie, "The Shakiest Gun in the West"?  That's me now.  But, I was able to hit the targets most of the time in my one and only match a month ago.  I had FUN!!!  Oh, I almost forgot, I have macular degeneration with my right eye being worse than my left.  So not only does my hand shake but I shoot revolvers with my right hand and left eye!  Because I have a big ol' smudge right in the middle of my right field of vision, I can't see the front sight of my long guns so I just have to focus on the end of the barrel.  I tried shooting the rifle on my left shoulder but just couldn't work it out.  Still FUN!!!  I know I will never win a prize but I enjoy reliving my boyhood when all the kids in the neighborhood were good guys who chased the imaginary bad guys through everybody's yard at least twice when we played cowboys!  If I get to where I can't hit the targets anymore I think I will still dress up in my cowboy duds and go to the matches and still have FUN!!!

I was asking why you thought a firearm required “tuned” .

Archived