SASS Wire Forum

The Tank Museum Warning another rabbit hole.

Sedalia Dave

https://tankmuseum.org/

The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life, with the world’s best collection of tanks in awe-inspiring, modern exhibitions.

The museum houses 300 military machines, representing the key battles of every major conflict since the First World War. Our moving exhibitions tell the story of this British invention; from the mud of the Somme to the beaches of Normandy and the deserts of Iraq – featuring powerful stories from the soldiers that fought in them.

Unfortunately it is located in the UK

I spent a lot of free time at "the tank farm" at Aberdeen Proving Grounds when I was stationed there.  Lots of armored vehicles just sitting out in the open.

This Brit museum looks better presented and better maintained, but it honestly has to have one of the most annoying web sites I've ever seen.

Thanks, Dave. 

I did my AIT in Aberdeen proving grounds in 1980, they had a decent museum at that time, I remember a huge German tank with about a 4” deep gouge taken out of the front armor that must have really rung the drivers ears when it hit, those old tanks are really cool to check out, hard to imagine seeing them coming at you in combat

The armored vehicles that were located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds were moved to Fort Lee, Va and they are no longer open to the public to be viewed.

I used to live about 6 miles from here - went several times!

The cool bit was in the summer when they fired up a few of

these and played war games in the dirt track out back!

SC

L1059435-1.JPG

L1059441-1.JPG

L1059447-1.JPG

L1059454-1.JPG

L1059497-1.JPG

L1059524-1.JPG

Archived