SASS Wire Forum

Taurus Gaucho information

Jesse Evans

I have a pair of nickel plated 5.5in. Gauchos in 45 colt with transfer bars I'm thinking of selling. These are well kept and beautiful guns with original black grips and a set of imitation ivory grips included. My question is, what are they worth in today's market.

I gave a close friend $700 several years ago for a nice pair of blued 4 5/8. I think in todays market that would still be a good price. Very few parts available for them.

Imis

On 12/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, Jesse Evans said:

I have a pair of nickel plated 5.5in. Gauchos in 45 colt with transfer bars I'm thinking of selling. These are well kept and beautiful guns with original black grips and a set of imitation ivory grips included. My question is, what are they worth in today's market.

Well they are not nickel, they are stainless. Gaucho’s were hit and miss. If you got good ones great. Taurus was horrible at fixing bad ones and the stopped production after a couple years. $600-800 

i have one ill not let go of for $500 if i was offered that , its a stainless and been slicked for CAS and has served me well enough to make that statement , that said , when i needed parts they were unavailable , so its now been slightly modified by my gunsmith to a ruger ejector housing screw , i dont consider that a bad thing , its not for sale , the guns run well 

I traded a 7 1/2" Blackhawk .45 even-up for a 7 1/2" Gaucho .45 (blued).
We were both happy.  The BH had a rough bore that leaded up something awful.  My trade partner didn't care, he shoots bullets with the J word.

Archived