SASS Wire Forum

App

boom pop

I am sitting around looking for something to do and have 2000 empty .38 cases. If i load them up with app how long do we think they would last

Well a couple of weeks if you like making smoke clouds and obscuring everyone’s targets at the range while laughing the whole time, but just loading and on the shelf, they last like any other smokeless round… 

15 minutes ago, boom pop said:

I am sitting around looking for something to do and have 2000 empty .38 cases. If i load them up with app how long do we think they would last

About 15 to 20 matches.  :)

33 minutes ago, boom pop said:

I'm thinking that would move you up in the batting order to get hugs from Scarlett! :D

I will assume you are asking how long the finished cartridges will last before they won't go Boom!

We have loaded rounds that sat for well over 3 years and still went off without issue, some of them were probably around longer than that but I can't be sure.

The only caveat I will make is that if you are using a soft bullet lube (SPG or the like, as you would do for real BP) then there is a risk of the lube seeping into the powder if the ammo is stored in a place that gets hot.  With a regular wax lube, or a coated bullet, I suspect you will have 5+ years before you even have to start thinking about it.

Just my $0.02, but I say go for it!

(Oh, you better call Scarlett, you are going to need about 5lbs of APP 3F for those 2000 rounds! :P)

Dogmeat

P.S. You have 2K Primers?  I don't know if I would advertise that on this forum! :lol:

On 12/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, Totes Magoats said:

You will want to label them so when your Great, Great, Great grandkids find them in 40 years, they don't get a surprise with the boom and smoke.  :)

Totes

With that many "greats", you probably meant 140 years!;)

Archived