SASS Wire Forum

Day 4 Winter Storm Diaz

PowderRiverCowboy

Glad the electricity is still on.  Down here we usually lose power from ice breaking down power lines and tree limbs hitting those lines.  Hope your luck continues!  :D

53 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

LoL day 4 of snow blizzard and winds all backed up with single digit highs next week . Bring it on need it a little western to send the newcomers packing 

DeadWood 36 plus inches  10 more today .

Interstate was closed for 2 days . Drifts 

EBE40A6D-807D-4A4F-A6F6-558460649CC0.jpeg

77359DDA-66CD-4BB6-9853-2B695CB6745A.jpeg

7674537A-7411-4C50-98A3-8351148EC63F.jpeg

927FF430-D51F-4D18-BD97-D70D37410381.jpeg

I love that second picture.

53 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Just re-enforces my choice to live in Tucson. Don't get me wrong, it's Winter here too. The High today is supposed to be only in the 50s. But they've never had to shut down ANYTHING for too much sunshine.

Actually they have closed Airports and grounded Planes from Being to hot to take off .

Feel your pain, Pard.   Thank God for old westerns   and hot coffee  GW

Started snowing here again last night, but not heavily.  About 3" this morning and it's still coming down at noon.  Temp is 32-33 degs and still, so it's not so bad.  Maybe 6" before it's over, added to the 3+" from yesterday.  We have been lucky so far.  Temps are going to drop to below zero and highs into single digits next week.

IMG_0807.jpg

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Feel your pain, Pard.   Thank God for old westerns   and hot coffee  GW

OHh all good shoveled , Fired up the 2500 Ram and at work by 6;30 am made coffee there LOL  

4 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Started snowing here again last night, but not heavily.  About 3" this morning and it's still coming down at noon.  Temp is 32-33 degs and still, so it's not so bad.  Maybe 6" before it's over, added to the 3+" from yesterday.  We have been lucky so far.  Temps are going to drop to below zero and highs into single digits next week.

Wind is our issue as it is normal 60  MPH gusts , just went outside about fell over wind temporarily settled down to 20 ish 

My daughter is currently in OKC on her way back up to Cheyenne.  She delivers out of the Wal-Mart distribution center there.  Wants to get a place up there.

Don't need any blizzards, but could someone direct a couple inches of snow to the metro-Denver area? I'll probably regret even mentioning it, but aside from being about 28 degrees F about an hour ago, with a breeze, other than the official total at DIA yesterday, and a few flakes (uh, snowflakes, that is, son), nothing! I'd hate to have to pay over $300 to have my trees deep watered...again! ;)

50 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

My daughter is currently in OKC on her way back up to Cheyenne.  She delivers out of the Wal-Mart distribution center there.  Wants to get a place up there.

Well like Cheyenne town wise , the wind there makes it bad . I want to say Its one of the windiest cities in US , they dont Cow tip there they tip over 18 wheelers , seen many times in 20 miles 10-15 on the side.

That sort of scenery is why I left Utah in 1965.. Went back for 9 months in 1969 and never liver there again.

Spent 37 1/2 years in Southern California shoveling partly cloudy of my driveways and sweeping slightly overcast of my winshields.

2 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Well like Cheyenne town wise , the wind there makes it bad . I want to say Its one of the windiest cities in US , they dont Cow tip there they tip over 18 wheelers , seen many times in 20 miles 10-15 on the side.

Yep.  When the roads get closed, she can stay parked at the Wal-Mart/Sam's Club she's delivering to or the Wal-Mart DC in Cheyenne.  Because she's a Crete driver, she also has the option of parking at their terminal in Cheyenne.  That why she likes driving out of there - always a safe parking area, not on the road like all the OTR drivers passing through.

we got a foot so far this week , but we are on the edge of the system those dakota folks are getting , unfortunately starting tomorrow we are getting the temp drops , not looking forward to that at all , oh - and a bit more snow too , really not looking forward to that , 

I think y'all got what was left after it pasted us here in northern Wyoming. 2 1/2 days of blizzard warnings, and we have some of those beautiful sculpted banks in our yard, too! Interstate 90 was closed for over a day, as well as a bunch of the highways. Semis were getting stuck right in the middle of their lanes, and the driver of one whined about the roads not being plowed. He didn't know how to respond when he found out he was only ten minutes behind the plow! We got a little over two feet just south of Sheridan, and we're looking at those horrid low temps this coming week as well. But like others, I hope it convinces some of the recent transplants (at least the ones littering our walking paths with used needles, and driving our property crime rates up over 200% in the last 18 months) to move to sunnier climes.

8 hours ago, Noah Mercy, SASS #29066 said:

I think y'all got what was left after it pasted us here in northern Wyoming. 2 1/2 days of blizzard warnings, and we have some of those beautiful sculpted banks in our yard, too! Interstate 90 was closed for over a day, as well as a bunch of the highways. Semis were getting stuck right in the middle of their lanes, and the driver of one whined about the roads not being plowed. He didn't know how to respond when he found out he was only ten minutes behind the plow! We got a little over two feet just south of Sheridan, and we're looking at those horrid low temps this coming week as well. But like others, I hope it convinces some of the recent transplants (at least the ones littering our walking paths with used needles, and driving our property crime rates up over 200% in the last 18 months) to move to sunnier climes.

That exactly what I say , Bring it on ! looking at single digits and negative lows -17 next week . Need these transplants to decide here isnt for them . . I see Sheridan becoming another Jackson Hole . LOL I saw a review from some liberal chick on the Mint My comment is sorry I dont Want to be in a Hippie hole , and dont mind telling them that .  Families been here since 1870 , had some play in Johnson County war , Love the Bighorns and Black Hills , spent a few summers in Kaycee working riding Rodeo. Before I left back into Military , have a invite to come back up and spend a week up and away from everything this spring summer so might do that as I really need to get away from everything 

319497365_528208925902560_7404648965837674534_n.jpg

Drifted in again along with more snow overnight from that storm.

Snow blower is all gassed up to clear another 10 to 12 inches off the driveway, but the snow plow went by. Again. And left a LARGE pile across the front of my driveway.

I live on a corner, so I get the benefit of the other street's share as well.

Looking out over the road, into the South Nation Wetlands Reserve, it looks like a fairy tale. I'll have to take some pictures. After we clear the drive, the walkways, deck and around the generator.

I miss being on western Michigan. Here we get cold and little snow. Here is a pic from opening day at the cabin up north. Chance of lake effect. Wasn't snowing when I walked out 

IMG_20221116_080428821.jpg

On 12/15/2022 at 1:18 PM, Chief Rick said:

I-80 East was closed for 48 hours, Nebraska panhandle was pummeled with blowing snow. I-25 was closed intermittently due to high winds and rollovers.

It's the price one pays for living in the best state, Wyoming. Wind blew 30-40 mph for the entire week, sucked the heat out of the house and office at work. 

Wind has finally subsided, for now.

Archived