SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse help needed

Eyesa Horg

55 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Glad she is on the mend. Thought and prayers continue for you both.

And those Eagles were a sign from Grandfather that she will be OK.

Things usually go ok when I see an eagle, but to see 4 was a great sign.

Just heard from Ellie via text. Still pretty out of it, but not happy with missing parts. I'm happy she made it so well so far. Only up from here. Thanks ,

In 2012 I had a similar situation. Removal of 3” of colon due diverticulitis like Pat, and a colostomy bag for 6 months until they re-hooked up the plumbing. The bag only interfered with a few activities and though not pleasant I got used to it pretty quickly. Best wishes to you both.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

In 2012 I had a similar situation. Removal of 3” of colon due diverticulitis like Pat, and a colostomy bag for 6 months until they re-hooked up the plumbing. The bag only interfered with a few activities and though not pleasant I got used to it pretty quickly. Best wishes to you both.

Were you able to wear holsters? She is going to be so bummed if she has to miss another season.

Posted new update on OP.

Thank you so much everyone, your support has been stellar.

Eyesa

Thank you for the report, still praying here for you all.

Still standing up on my Prayer Bones for the both of you!

Pat Riot speaks truly about that pillow.
If she does have to cough, have her hold the pillow firm against her belly.
Works for cardiac surgeries too.

Still all in!

2 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Still standing up on my Prayer Bones for the both of you!

Pat Riot speaks truly about that pillow.
If she does have to cough, have her hold the pillow firm against her belly.
Works for cardiac surgeries too.

Advice most appreciated. One of her nurses gave her a firm heart shaped pillow which seems to work. She only coughed once when I was there and did relatively ok .

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Posted new update on OP.

Thank you so much everyone, your support has been stellar.

Eyesa

Good news indeed. I hope she can go home for Christmas. 

Another round of prayers outgoing!

Update posted on OP, thank you all some more! You all are the best, Ellie smiles every time I tell of our wire Pards support.

Thanks for the update!!  Another round of prayers on the way!

Just got good news this morning at 6:00, Ellie expected to be released this afternoon. Yes!!:wub:

36 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Just got good news this morning at 6:00, Ellie expected to be released this afternoon. Yes!!:wub:

Yay!!

Now comes the hard part for you, making sure she listens to the doctors and doesn't try to do too  much all at once.

Based on my experiences with my parent's invasive surgeries (12+ between the both of them) it'll be at least a month of feeling tired and weak and that's normal.

20 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Yay!!

Now comes the hard part for you, making sure she listens to the doctors and doesn't try to do too  much all at once.

Based on my experiences with my parent's invasive surgeries (12+ between the both of them) it'll be at least a month of feeling tired and weak and that's normal.

You're so right! I think I've got things set up and under control at home, we'll find out! She's pretty good at following orders and the way she feels right now, she'll be pretty much just enjoying being home. The furry kids will be ecstatic. Kimber will be beside herself, she's Mommies dog for sure. :D Me, I'll do my very best!

It sounds like her experience pretty much mirrors mine, although it was a few days longer before I was able to get up on my own. 
After a few weeks, I was pretty much back to normal as far as activities. No pain and the eventual colostomy takedown was very smooth with a shorter hospital stay. I’m so glad she’s coming home. I came home just a few days before Christmas 2011. 

That is stellar news!!  

Just let it happen.  Everyone recovers at their own pace.  Encourage her but don’t push and help her to stay on the path!!

51 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It sounds like her experience pretty much mirrors mine, although it was a few days longer before I was able to get up on my own. 
After a few weeks, I was pretty much back to normal as far as activities. No pain and the eventual colostomy takedown was very smooth with a shorter hospital stay. I’m so glad she’s coming home. I came home just a few days before Christmas 2011. 

That's encouraging, thank you UB. It will be nice to have her back home.

:D Happy to say Ellie is home! Posted brief update on OP! Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts. You are a very special people in our lives. I couldn't have done it without your support, thank you all :wub:

Archived