SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse help needed

Eyesa Horg

My Ellie has been having a lot of pain from diverticulitis since before Thanksgiving. She was admitted back into the hospital yesterday. Looks like a long surgery to happen on Friday.:( At this time the Docs. are indicating a colostomy and then another surgery in 6 months. She's been so bummed not shooting this year due to her shoulder injury and now this 

I'm sure your keeping her in your thoughts will help.

Thanks,

EH

UPDATE: 12/ 16 

Your thoughts and prayers got Ellie thru surgery, about 6 hours. Very infected colon and to do a hysterectomy as well as the infection had spread there as well. Will need surgery again in 6 or 7 months to put colon back together. It will be a rough year for her, but should be good to go and back to the ranges eventually.

Thank you so much with your spiritual help.

EH

UPDATE 12/19:

Visited Ellie today. She is much improved, getting out of bed with help. She seems so much better. No more of the pain she had.:D Starting to feel the incision, but nothing by comparison. We both thank you all so much for your support on the prayer posse :wub:. No date for coming home yet though 

EH

UPDATE 12/22:

Just back from visiting Ellie. Slipped back for a couple days, but had new external plumbing/tubing removed today as well as the compression bandage. She is feeling so much better. Pretty much getting up on her own to use the bathroom, a big step. Hoping to have her home for Xmas, but not rushing things! 

Thank you again for your continued thoughts and support. It helps us both a lot. Merry Christmas.

UPDATE 12/24:

Ellie took a step back yesterday, seems she developed a pelvic infection. Drain just installed this afternoon and antibiotics. Doc says not unusual and she will be in several more days. 

UPDATE 12/27:

Things are looking up.:)

Ellie is off the IV and drain to be removed tomorrow. Doc called me this morning and indicated she might be able to come home tomorrow. She's still a bit uncomfortable, but I can tell she is feeling much better. The Prayer Posse support has helped us both more than I can articulate. Thank you all so much.

EH

UPDATE 12/28:

:D Ellie is home! Yay! She is doing well and happy to be home. I will follow up in a few days 

We both would like to thank the Prayer Posse for all of your help, thoughts, and support. We feel very blessed to be members of this bunkhouse. Thankyou:wub:

Prayers for Ellie heading south from this side of the Medicine Line.

Once surgery is over, I recommend you get in touch with your local ostomy support group.

A friend's wife is going through it and the group has been helpful in many ways.

I'm so worried! They had to put drains in her arm this morning due to improper IV installation yesterday.:angry: Fluids all went into her arm instead of blood. Unbelievable :mellow:

Count on it!!  We’re sending you our best wishes!!

By the way Eyesa, I had half my large intestine removed due to Diverticulitis. It’s a bear of a surgery. I highly recommend a body pillow for your wife to lay against in bed. It helps make you feel like your guts aren’t going to fall out. Sorry for the graphic description but that’s how one feels for a while after that surgery. The pillow truly helps. Also, if there is anything that makes her cough, make sure she isn’t exposed to it. Dust, dander, temp changes, allergens, etc. get rid of them. Coughing is sheer agony after abdominal surgery. Since it’s winter time and dry I recommend a humidifier to help keep her from coughing also. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

By the way Eyesa, I had half my large intestine removed due to Diverticulitis. It’s a bear of a surgery. I highly recommend a body pillow for your wife to lay against in bed. It helps make you feel like your guts aren’t going to fall out. Sorry for the graphic description but that’s how one feels for a while after that surgery. The pillow truly helps. Also, if there is anything that makes her cough, make sure she isn’t exposed to it. Dust, dander, temp changes, allergens, etc. get rid of them. Coughing is sheer agony after abdominal surgery. Since it’s winter time and dry I recommend a humidifier to help keep her from coughing also. 

Thank you for that advice, I will take heed. The hardest part will be keeping the 90 pound Rottie off her, especially in bed.

16 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Thank you for that advice, I will take heed. The hardest part will be keeping the 90 pound Rottie off her, especially in bed.

In re: Dogs, there are tuck under bed rails that slide between the mattress & springs. Enough of a barrier for a good dog.

Standing up on my knees for Miz Ellie and for yourself as well!

Prayer sent & wishing for a trouble free & pain free recovery.

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

In my experience dogs will understand or they somehow know. 

With a bit of a blur, I truly thank you all.:rolleyes: Tomorrow will be a worrisome day. Nor Easter coming in to night just to make it fun, but got the plow on and am prepared! Thanks again.

Had a bright spot on the way to visit Ellie today, and consider it a good sign.

Just a bit south of here in a dead tree in the median were 4 Bald eagles all facing my side of the highway. Only one was an immature, the other 3 all had bright white heads. They are just so cool and make me smile every time I see them.

Best wishes for a quick, pain free recovery.

I'll also offer some advice on past multiple experiences with my parent's hospital stays.  Hospitals work at their pace, not yours and not Ellie's.  Hopefully knowing this might help.

21 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Best wishes for a quick, pain free recovery.

I'll also offer some advice on past multiple experiences with my parent's hospital stays.  Hospitals work at their pace, not yours and not Ellie's.  Hopefully knowing this might help.

No doubt, they scheduled her CT for 12:15AM last night! And haven't given her clue when tomorrow they are going to do the surgery. What sucks is they took her off the antibiotics too soon or she might not be there now. Everything was improving per the CT s and they stopped antibiotics. Within a week she went down hill quick. Thank you for thinking of her Chantry.

Thank you everybody for your help. I posted an update on the OP. It will be a long road, but she should be good in time.:wub:

Thanks for the update, you are both on my prayer list.

Archived