SASS Wire Forum

Aerial Show

Just finished watching Flying Down to Rio, a 1933 film featuring Fred Astaire with Ginger Rogers (of course!).

Included was an "Aerial Show," sort of a "Busbee Berkeley Takes to the Skies" kinda thing.  Primitive special effects, but enjoyable nonetheless!  ^_^

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Didn't think those old planes could handle that size payload, shifting back and forth, side to side.

One is expected to engage in a bit of suspension of disbelief... and admire the girls more than the aeroplanes. ^_^  :blush:

Surprised that many don't interfere with air flow over the wing. Maybe why they use bi-planes.

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

One is expected to engage in a bit of suspension of disbelief... and admire the girls more than the aeroplanes. ^_^  :blush:

I can do that. ........ the latter moreso than the former ......... :wub:

58 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Surprised that many don't interfere with air flow over the wing. Maybe why they use bi-planes.

That's a good portion of the "Suspension of Disbelief" part.  :lol:

(And don't even begin to ponder weight payload and center of gravity!)  ^_^   image.png.ba7338e47734529d1eb2b5108d4c7b1a.png

[*ahem* - I had to look this up:  apparently the brassiere became popular during the 1930's. This film was made in 1933, apparently before the trend took hold.  :rolleyes:]

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

That's a good portion of the "Suspension of Disbelief" part.  :lol:

(And don't even begin to ponder weight payload and center of gravity!)  ^_^   image.png.ba7338e47734529d1eb2b5108d4c7b1a.png

[*ahem* - I had to look this up:  apparently the brassiere became popular during the 1930's. This film was made in 1933, apparently before the trend took hold.  :rolleyes:]

I noticed that too, but wasn't gonna say anything.

Archived