SASS Wire Forum

Western welding academy

Trigger Mike

On 12/13/2022 at 11:03 PM, Trigger Mike said:

i told him .  He had claimed they were the number 1 welding school so I did a search for the top welding schools and it never showed in any searches.  A local tech school did though.  I told him to look up how much an apprentice makes and he said not much , I gave the arguments but he seems set .  he got approved in a few hours from applying which also made me suspicious.  He then got a text to pay in 48 hours or lose his slot, which seemed odd. the text wouldn't work though.   I tried to find reviews and complaints but the one site I found activated a virus warning on my iPhone .  

I told him 6 months for every type of welding seemed odd when the school he goes to now as part of dual enrollment at his high school, takes a couple of years.  seems he got his mind set but i have to approve the money so I like to make sure.

Youngsters these days. They get stuff set in their head and build unrealistic expectations off of slick advertising. For some reason this all triggered memories of the truck driving school guy that came for career day. Leather vest, square toed boots with heel chain, fingerless gloves and chain on his wallet. Last American cowboy trying to sell us back in 1992-93 on going to Alliance School of Tractor Trailer Driving, and  that in two years we'd make $100,000 a year as an OTR driver and retire by 40. It was the 90's but still neither me, nor any of my classmates, got too far past that fat slobs get up.  I thought he was lost thinking it was to audition for some role in a biker movie, til he started talking.

But hey we've all had our Rainbow Vacuum and fuel line magnet moments....

Y’all wanna hear the kicker?  After begging me to pay the tuition before the rate increase and being disappointed I didn’t a week ago he said he decided he doesn’t want to be a welder.   

Reminds me of the movie “up” where every so often the dogs would be talking and suddenly yell”squirrel “ and be distracted.  

2 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Youngsters these days. They get stuff set in their head and build unrealistic expectations off of slick advertising. For some reason this all triggered memories of the truck driving school guy that came for career day. Leather vest, square toed boots with heel chain, fingerless gloves and chain on his wallet. Last American cowboy trying to sell us back in 1992-93 on going to Alliance School of Tractor Trailer Driving, and  that in two years we'd make $100,000 a year as an OTR driver and retire by 40. It was the 90's but still neither me, nor any of my classmates, got too far past that fat slobs get up.  I thought he was lost thinking it was to audition for some role in a biker movie, til he started talking.

But hey we've all had our Rainbow Vacuum and fuel line magnet moments....

Wonder why those career days never have the gigolo guy?:D

10 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

My guess is that the reality is most gigolo are probably homosexual. Just sayin’…..

12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

They were probably afraid that you'd take them up on it and scare the women back to their husbands.

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

My guess is that the reality is most gigolo are probably homosexual. Just sayin’…..

No, you're thinking of Male Strippers.

Archived