SASS Wire Forum

Yellowstone now just a weekly soap

22 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Season 5 sucks. There I said it. Just an evening soap with PC sprinkled in. 

You’re entitled to your opinion…

7 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Season 5 sucks. There I said it. Just an evening soap with PC sprinkled in. 

I agree, last night was so boring I had to fight to stay awake. 

7 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

It appears the show has jumped the shark. Writing has to have been handed off to out of work soap writers. Hopefully 1923 will be watchable. Zero interest in upcoming Four Sixes spin off. 

I believe 1923 is on Paramount + which I refuse to pay extra for. They did the same thing with 1883! At least Yellowstone is on the regular Paramount but it's really stinking this season. 

22 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I believe 1923 is on Paramount + which I refuse to pay extra for. They did the same thing with 1883! At least Yellowstone is on the regular Paramount but it's really stinking this season. 

Yep they will show one episode then turn it over for pay.  I will wait until they show it all at a latter date 

I keep remembering Dallas. After the same black stuff (Black Angus instead of black oil). family disputes, Costner almost murdered (JR was) and lots of politics.

I figure they’re just setting the stage for when the excrement impacts the rotary breeze impeller…

Haven't seen it yet. Judging from the comments, I may not even bother. 

A couple of weeks ago, someone referred to Beth as a psychopath, got me thinking...I think that Beth is the ONLY Dutton that hasn't murdered anyone. Isn't that weird. She may have made plenty of people wish they were dead though.

It was actually a good episode. Even though there wasn’t anyone murdered or assaulted, there was a lot of chicanery put into motion.  Likely the calm before the $#!+ storm.

Funny. I signed up for Paramount Plus for the various Star Trek series and to finally get to see Yellowstone.
Yellowstone is on Paramount. :blink:

Maybe one day I will see it. 

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It was actually a good episode. Even though there wasn’t anyone murdered or assaulted, there was a lot of chicanery put into motion.  Likely the calm before the $#!+ storm.

I agree. Based on the soap operas I have he’d the misfortune to see, in my opinion this isn’t one.I don’t need action and shootouts constantly. I appreciate a good story. And this had great scenery, horses, and cattle. 

Okay, I watched it. It was alright, I guess. Beautiful scenery. Couple of things though...didn't see that Beth and Rip carried any long guns on their trip away from camp and Marlboro Red cigarettes do not have a white filter. 

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Haven't seen it yet. Judging from the comments, I may not even bother. 

A couple of weeks ago, someone referred to Beth as a psychopath, got me thinking...I think that Beth is the ONLY Dutton that hasn't murdered anyone. Isn't that weird. She may have made plenty of people wish they were dead though.

Did she kill one of the guys sent to rape and murder her or did Rip finish them both?

Just now, sassnetguy50 said:

Did she kill one of the guys sent to rape and murder her or did Rip finish them both?

If I remember right, Rip got both of them. Even if he didn't, killing either of them would not be murder in my book.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I agree. Based on the soap operas I have he’d the misfortune to see, in my opinion this isn’t one.I don’t need action and shootouts constantly. I appreciate a good story. And this had great scenery, horses, and cattle. 

I thought the way handled the death of the old cowboy was pretty classy.

The best scene all season was when Beth and that liberal whacko got into fisticuffs. 

57 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I agree also. The week before final scene were all were saddled up riding out in early still dark morning was brilliant. This weeks was also good, no complaint.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Funny. I signed up for Paramount Plus for the various Star Trek series and to finally get to see Yellowstone.
Yellowstone is on Paramount. :blink:

Maybe one day I will see it. 

Same here, got rid of satellite and went to streaming. Was disappointed that Yellowstone is not available on Paramount+

The up side is that all the Star Trek series are available. Strange New Worlds is pretty good. It focuses on Christopher Pike's time as Captain of the Enterprise. Hoping season 2 will be available soon.

Picard started out good and then went down hill so I quite watching it. Might start back up again as it has potential.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

If I remember right, Rip got both of them. Even if he didn't, killing either of them would not be murder in my book.

Well Beth did stab one of them in the neck, during the attack,  and I think he bled out. She also beat one of them with a vase, but he might have been dead already.

13 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Was worth watching just to here Kevin Costner bad mouth Joe Biden.   If you didn't hear him, then watch it again.

He didn’t mention him by name though. That would have really been coolB)

5 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I thought the way handled the death of the old cowboy was pretty classy.

The old cowboy is Emmett, played by Buck Taylor.  He was not a real cowboy but did use his gunsmoke money to raise his kids in rural Montana.  One of the things I enjoy about the show is it's appreciation of cowboy and cowboy movie history.  An episode was dedicated to Wilford Brimley who hadn't acted in the show.

If every episode had gun play or butt kicking it would get old fast.

Me the last 2 episodes are building up to address the finality of the cowboy way and the ranch.

Getting up in the dark and the somberness made me feel like this was going to be the last roundup. Especially the comments to Buck.

John telling KC that everyone should be able to live like this. And KC saying all those who would are living that life. As in no one wants to be a cowboy anymore.

Jamie is going to get eaten alive and swept away.

And buck dying as a last cowboy should.  All very emotional stuff if you listen and understand.

Buck Taylor, "Turkey Creek Jack Johnson", in the movie Tombstone.  Met him at EOT 2004 when he was selling his beautiful art work.  Very nice man. 

Loved watching his dad, Dub Taylor, in any movie he was in.

Archived