SASS Wire Forum

ISO Wet Tumbler

Moe T Vator

I've had good luck with the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler.  It holds a lot of brass and does a good job with just water, Dawn and Lemonshine.  

https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Arsenal-Separator-Polishing-Reloading/dp/B00HTN4R6O?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

35 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I've had good luck with the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler.  It holds a lot of brass and does a good job with just water, Dawn and Lemonshine.  

https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Arsenal-Separator-Polishing-Reloading/dp/B00HTN4R6O?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That is a great price on that right now. I paid more fore on AMZ almost three years ago.

6 hours ago, Salty Pawl said:

That is a great price on that right now. I paid more fore on AMZ almost three years ago.

Wow, I paid about $200 for mine. Seems like it's been about 4-5 years ago. This one shows $151.

8 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Moe, I also have had great success with mine.

A VERY small amount of Dawn and Lemishine goes a long way if you go that route. I have been using Strat-O-Sheen for a while now and prefer it. No pins needed except for really fouled and crusty black powder cases.

If you decide to use the stainless steel pins, go ahead a by the magnet that FA sells. You'll thank me later. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

Moe, I also have had great success with mine.

A VERY small amount of Dawn and Lemishine goes a long way if you go that route. I have been using Strat-O-Sheen for a while now and prefer it. No pins needed except for really fouled and crusty black powder cases.

If you decide to use the stainless steel pins, go ahead a by the magnet that FA sells. You'll thank me later. 

Also buy a media separator.

I have the FA wet tumbler and love it.

9 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I've got the smaller version and it works great!

8 hours ago, Moe T Vator said:

Cleared out. 

For $151 bucks you can’t go wrong. That is the unit I use and it works great. 

9 minutes ago, Moe T Vator said:

How many 38s can you run at a time? 

You know -  I’ve never counted them. I fill it about 1/2 way full, toss in a little lemi - shine, a tablespoon of Dawn dish soap snd enuf water to be 2 to 3 inches over the brass. I run it for 90 minutes without using metal pins. 

4 hours ago, Moe T Vator said:

How many 38s can you run at a time? 

I've run 500 (and 3) .357 in mine. I would hazard that that is the limit as I had to give the drum a little assist to get moving. They came out awesome, though.

MTV, you would think we are trying to sell you a used car. Buy the one on Amz, if you don't like it return it. It has Free Returns, luv ya, nuff said.

3 minutes ago, Salty Pawl said:

MTV, you would think we are trying to sell you a used car. Buy the one on Amz, if you don't like it return it. It has Free Returns, luv ya, nuff said.

Mine came in a couple weeks ago from AMZ, can't have it till Xmas :(, but return up til the end of January. Can't wait to play with it! Hope it was worth all the hype on here. :D Just waiting for the local store ( Ace ) to get the Lemi Shine in. It was a few bucks cheaper! Got my Strato Shine in already.

14 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

That is a Thumlers Tumbler on STEROIDS!  My 10+ year old Thumlers is still going strong (only had to replace the drive belt) but it does have its weak points.  I may have to add the pillow block bearings to mine, just because...:P

Matt, you’ve seen Pete’s Rebel 17 haven’t you? That’s the one I’ve been using for 10 years + and all I’ve replaced is the belt. On a bet a few years ago I counted out and tumbled 1,000 44-40 cases in one load. You’ll never need another tumbler if you buy this one.

F1456B44-F5EF-4486-AA45-60B76AD715C8.jpeg

11 hours ago, Moe T Vator said:

About how many 38s can you clean at a time? 

I'd estimate 700+ 38's.  Usually, I don't wait that long.  I run a batch after 3-4 matches.  Using the stainless steel pins is not necessary unless you are concerned about making the insides or primer pockets shiny.  It just adds another level of complexity by trying to remove all those pins from inside the cases.      

Archived