SASS Wire Forum

Pietta 1878 Deluxe Coachgun 12 GA. Not much out there on these

jstanfield103

I was looking for another Coachgun. I ended up trading the last one I had due to something I could not resist (Marlin/Ruger Trapper).

Anyway I found the Pietta Coachgun 12 GA, could not find anything much on the internet on it but looked very promising. I always heard pretty good reviews on Pietta' revolvers so I bought one. My LGS could not find one in any brand. Since I received it last Thursday it has went through some changes. I comes with a 14" LOP, I am only 5'5" tall so I have to cut the LOP down to 12" LOP on every rifle I buy. This was a pain because of the metal butt plate, I've gotten that trimmed up and fitting with the edges re-blued. I just bought some inlet black so I can get the butt plate and stock merged together a little better. So waiting for that.

Drilled the front forearm for a sling swivel using a T-Bolt and metal threaded swivel, works really well. I the added the sling that I made from a belt to her and very happy with it all, butt will be happier when I get the butt plate fitted better. 

2022 Pietta 12 GA SXSvCoachgun 12-10-2022-1.jpg

2022 Pietta 12 GA SXSvCoachgun 12-10-2022-2.jpg

2022 Pietta 12 GA SXSvCoachgun 12-10-2022-3.jpg

2022 Pietta 12 GA SXSvCoachgun 12-10-2022-4.jpg

Wow, SASS numbers have really gotten high, haha! 

I believe Coffinmaker owns one of those; he bought the sample gun at a big show.  And I'm thinking I've read that the shotgun is made for Pietta by Pedersoli so that's a good thing.  That would make it the same as Taylor's Wyatt Earp and Cimarron's Doc Holiday shotguns.

Thanks to all of you that replied. So you are saying that Pedersoli made this for Pietta, thank you. So if I want any reviews or info just look up Pedersoli.

Hammers are 2.25 inches from outside to outside of hammers. I'm a smaller guy 5' 5" tall and my small hands can cock them both at once. But right now they are really sprung heavy so it needs some break in. I also have some inletting black coming to help me fit the butt plate even better.

Archived