SASS Wire Forum

SWAT show

Tex Jones, SASS 2263

I watched an episode last night, wherein the lead character (Hondo) is going to show his girlfriend how to shoot.  Apparently the woman wants to buy a firearm after her place of business is broken into by a couple of men and she is threatened.  Hondo doesn't try to talk her out of it, which I thought was interesting, although at the end of the episode she decides against it.  They're in an enclosed shooting range and he puts his 1911 style duty pistol in her hands, takes it off safety and tells her to keep it pointed in front of her.  Neither one is wearing safety glasses or ear protection, so it was a good thing she didn't pull the trigger.  It's a TV show, but still disappointing that they don't even try to be realistic. 

1 minute ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I remember a couple of times I've seen story lines on shows that are similar. They always seem to decide not to get the gun at the conclusion. 

For a while Bloomberg was paying $$ to any show that had an anti gun message.  May still be doing it. 

Watching it I told the wife, 'you never hand over a gun to a new shooter without telling them how it functions, where and how the safety works, how to insure its clear etc'.

And again my wife reminded me it's TV and has no basis in reality!

To some who aren't smart enough or ambitious enough to seek out the truth.  You can find many thousands of them in government, news media, entertainment, advertising, educational, religious, and business management venues.

It's getting harder by the minute to find any place they haven't taken root and seem to be thriving.  It's because of the animal based organic fertilizers being spread in so many places any more without a way to flush it into the sewers where I should end up....but so often doesn't.

I find myself watching fewer and fewer network television shows.  Between the overbearing display of LGBalphabet virtue signaling, the overwhelming ant-gun messaging, and the disproportionate depiction of mixed race and “same sex” marriage families being constantly forced on me, I’ve been exploring other forms of entertainment.

I’m tired of being intentionally, subliminally chastised for not being of a certain race, sexual preference, or political persuasion and for believing that I have the right to choose who or what I want to be associated with.

I’m fed up with being told that I’m racist, homophobic, fascist, and chauvinist!  I have the right to not like anything that I choose!!  I’m tired of others attempting to shame me because I don’t like certain things!!  

Those that do these things are, in whole or in part, responsible for much of the actual hate in the world today!  When you are scolded, belittled, singled out, and punished because you don’t condone or support things that you have every right to dislike, it COULD make you come to hate those things that you would otherwise likely ignore or simply disregard.

Television is especially bad fiction when it comes to medicine, law enforcement, military and Fire/EMS. I run a Criminal Justice Program at a local college and some believe that they will get to work with stunning super models as depicted  in CSI.  I just remember working with really smart men and women.    Maybe I was working for the wrong agency.....  

Here in Canada, our politicians and policy makers got ALL their information watching TV shows.

That is why we now have gun bans on just about everything.

45 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here in Canada, our politicians and policy makers got ALL their information watching TV shows.

That is why we now have gun bans on just about everything.

Most of ours are the same way!!

Archived