SASS Wire Forum

LA licenses pet unicorns

Alpo

A little girl named Madison wrote LA county, asking for a license to keep a unicorn for a pet in her backyard. If she could find one. She said she wanted to get the license ahead of time so there wouldn't be a problem if she did find one.

They sent her a non-expiring unicorn license,

Unicorn-Liscense-2.jpg?resize=768,652

and a stuffed unicorn so she could have that until she found a live one.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-county-approves-unicorn-permit-submitted-by-young-girl/

Hmmm, I wonder if wives can qualify as pets in CA.  I've met a lot of them who should be licensed, muzzled and on a leash.

Been stupid enough to have been married to two of them.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Maybe I can get a license for my chupacabra?

maybe a kennel license? I want to breed them.

If it happens to self identify as an Unicorn you're good to go.

That is nice of them.  I am wondering if I would need a license to keep a winged horse in my back yard?  As a kid, anytime we would drive by a certain hotel in Chicago, where Standard Oil Company of New York (aka Socony Vacuum) had a neon sign with a winged horse that would flap its wings (two positions of the neon wings tube), I wanted one. Local HOA probably wouldn't approve it, saying I couldn't guarrentee it wouldn't fly over the fence!  What about... "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen...Rudolph"?  ("Kin aye have anuther stick o' gum, Mr. Artery?") :D

You sure it was standard?

MSF805-Mobil_Oil_Pegasus_Plasma-22x20__3

Although according to this video, if I understood him correctly cuz he talks awful fast, mobile used to be owned by standard, before the antitrust laws, and mobile became its own company in 1911.

Archived