SASS Wire Forum

Time Magazine’s Man of the Year!

The Russian Federation Has,,, NO LEAD, URAINUM , COPPER, IRON, PLUTONIUM etc. 

And The Ukraine has the best Farm land ...

Pukin Wants want he doesn't Have ...

Jabez Cowboy

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

So what is the source/basis of the nasty comments about him and Ukraine in the media?  What's to hate?

LL

What media?

1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

The Russian Federation Has,,, NO LEAD, URAINUM , COPPER, IRON, PLUTONIUM etc. 

And The Ukraine has the best Farm land ...

Pukin Wants want he doesn't Have ...

Jabez Cowboy

Siberia has so much unexplored land, all they are harvesting now is the oil and gas. I think if they laid off the wodka for a few months they’d find gold in them thar steppes.

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

So what is the source/basis of the nasty comments about him and Ukraine in the media?  What's to hate?

LL

Uh, the fact that he’s a totalitarian dictator, maybe??

Outlawing opposing party’s, arresting opponents, outlawing a church!

What would YOU call him? Democrat, maybe!

I guess any dictator who's corrupt as the day is long and is able to bilk the US politicians and American taxpayers out of $100 billion with zero oversight then why not give him an award? 

JEL

1 hour ago, John E. Law said:

I guess any dictator who's corrupt as the day is long and is able to bilk the US politicians and American taxpayers out of $100 billion with zero oversight then why not give him an award? 

JEL

Well Liberal Sean Penn  gave Him a Oscar Must be a liberal nut hug :) But he has already Grossed more the Penns movies so 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-63561236

2 hours ago, John E. Law said:

JEL

The Man of the Year designation is not an award like an Oscar. It’s not given.  It always confuses people. Adolf Hitler was Man of the Year in 1938. It is simply an opinion of the person who has had the largest impact on world politics or society in the past year. This yer it could probably be a tossup between Zelensky and Putin.

15 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The Man of the Year designation is not an award like an Oscar. It’s not given.  It always confuses people. Adolf Hitler was Man of the Year in 1938. It is simply an opinion of the person who has had the largest impact on world politics or society in the past year. This yer it could probably be a tossup between Zelensky and Putin.

unlike the Nobel, there is no money. I dont think there's a bragging right either.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

unlike the Nobel, there is no money. I dont think there's a bragging right either.

Oh I’m sure Schickelgruber called Benito and said, “Hey Benny, who’s the top dog now?”

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah I know that, in collage we had to write a paper on the person of the millennia. Most wrote on people like Edison, Franklin, Susan B Anthony etc. I wrote mine on Hitler. Shocked the class but the professor loved it. The assignment never said their influence had to be positive.  I remember noting that Hitler won Time's man of the year. My point here was saying that anyone who can garner that much money and that much sympathy all while still being a vile dictator deserves an award... be it for positive or negative influence/deeds.

JEL

I don’t think I would put Zelensky in the Vile Dictator category though.

The Short List LOL and Not MAN its Person they sure what it is , On Monday, The Hill reported a “short list” of Person of the Year candidates, of which Zelensky was included. Other names up for consideration included Elon Musk, Xi Jinping, The Supreme Court, Liz Cheney, MacKenzie Scott, Protestors in Iran
Hell of a list there Zelinsky, Cheney and Jinping  LOL 

On 12/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Uh, the fact that he’s a totalitarian dictator, maybe??

Outlawing opposing party’s, arresting opponents, outlawing a church!

What would YOU call him? Democrat, maybe!

So Russia invades Ukraine and the pro Russian faction is arrested by the government of the Elected Ukrainian President for treason for supporting the invasion. Much like Russia invaded the Crimean peninsula with the help of treasonous Ukrainian citizens? The only reason to call him a dictator is to support Putin and his invasion of Ukraine. Why would anyone support Putin and his agenda?

13 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

So Russia invades Ukraine and the pro Russian faction is arrested by the government of the Elected Ukrainian President for treason for supporting the invasion. Much like Russia invaded the Crimean peninsula with the help of treasonous Ukrainian citizens? The only reason to call him a dictator is to support Putin and his invasion of Ukraine. Why would anyone support Putin and his agenda?

I know many Russians in Ukraine, none were in favor of Russia.

many were in Crimea and have immigrated to the US. Some now have citizenship, others are applying.

in Ukraine and Russia people had passports, not international, just little books to show identity, a new photo every five years was needed. Getting International passports was another thing.

In 2014, after the Russians started causing trouble, they offered Russian papers to everyone. When they occupied Crimea, Russian papers were required.

in 2016 my friend arranged for us to go on a two day tour of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. It is necessary to show Id at least twice for this tour. The night before, her purse was robbed and her Ukrainian internal id was stolen.  She was able to call the tour company and give them the serial number of her international passport. We had no problems on the tour.

6 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I know many Russians in Ukraine, none were in favor of Russia.

many were in Crimea and have immigrated to the US. Some now have citizenship, others are applying.

I'm glad they made it out. 

Archived