SASS Wire Forum

ATF 4473 Form Updates

Lawdog Dago Dom

Read this in an email this morning.

I was at my gunsmith’s place last week when the BATFE dropped in to audit him.  You could tell that the guy was an old hand at ATF.  He was cordial, polite, and efficient.  He also advised us that some changes, (some of them pretty silly) that could effect how we do business were coming.

The long time ATF guys are not rabid anti-gun or anti-gun owner types.  I’ve met a couple of these veteran auditors and they’re not happy with a lot of these new, onerous regulations.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Read this in an email this morning.

I was at my gunsmith’s place last week when the BATFE dropped in to audit him.  You could tell that the guy was an old hand at ATF.  He was cordial, polite, and efficient.  He also advised us that some changes, (some of them pretty silly) that could effect how we do business were coming.

The long time ATF guys are not rabid anti-gun or anti-gun owner types.  I’ve met a couple of these veteran auditors and they’re not happy with a lot of these new, onerous regulations.

I agree, I know a few myself & they are not happy with the malarky (their words) either.

19 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I fail to see why the ATF needs to know if I live within the city limits.

Why do they want you to list your race and ethnicity? Racist bastages. 

Years ago a local community college collected race and ethnicity information during enrollment for evening classes.  I objected but was not allowed to leave that part of the form blank, so I entered smurf or muppet.  So did many others and the college stopped trying to collect this information.  (Not recommended for form 4733.)

Archived